|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Iced Tea

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TGarrett

TN/SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 04:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RandyP77 wrote:

I love my sweet tea also, what I have found that works best is a container I found at Wal-Mart. I am just guessing at the size as I don't have it in front of me at this time but I'd say about 16 inches long, about a foot high and only about 2-3 inches wide..it has a flip up pour spout so it can either be stood up or laid down... Good thing is with the flip spout you don't even have to take it out of the fridge to pour yourself a glass of tea....I lay mine down and can place items on top of it so really I'm only loosing about two inches of height between the shelf it's on and the shelf above.

I have had those in the past several times they always end up drippng everywhere.

Garrett
2004 Fleetwood Expedition 38N
Full Timer

Toad(still to be setup) 2011 Jeep Rubicon
2nd (to be put on double trailer with 1st when moving) 2008 Honda S2000

TGarrett

TN/SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought 4 of the 2 QT bottles on the left side of the photo here they are a little think for the door but the shelves flex enough to easily set one per door shelf and they seal resonably well so far for sitting sideways if need be.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/12 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi TGarrett,

Toss the containers and the tea too.

Regards, Don
Full Time in a Kustom Koach Class C 28'5", 256 watts Unisolar, 875 amp hours in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, Magnum 3000 watt PSW inverter.

Brent and Gina

Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/12 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use 1/2 gallon and drink tons of lemonade vs. tea, but I had a thought. You could reuse 2-litre bottles or a plastic cereal container in the door. I use the cereal containers at home for cereal, they hold a lot, and have a flip up lid. Seems they'd fit the door easily enough. Actually, you could measure where you want to store it, go to Walmart, and probably find multiple options with lids.

raindove

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/12 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TGarrett wrote:

I am looking for options for storing drinks in the fridge. I have always kept at least a gallon of sweet tea in my fridge as I go through it in a day or two. I don't do the premixed bottled stuff. Right now I have my shelves adjusted to fit my gallon jug in but that leaves me with 2 shelves with about 2" of clearance. I was wondering what everyone else does for storage for full timing with an RV fridge.

A residential Fridge isn't really an option for me as I plan on doing a lot of camping/Offroading across the nation and won't always have hookups so I want to keep the gas option.

If you are cooking your own tea, make it concentrated. Use enough tea bags for a gallon, but use a quart of water. Sweeten as you would for a gallon. Put in refrig. When you pour a glass, add water and ice to dilute it down.

Another idea would be to put it in a couplle of smaller jugs.

When going on longer trips, sometimes we put the ice chest under the dinette table, to put extra drinks in. It gets to be a pain in the butt with the cooler underfoot. Some days you just have to choose your battles.

Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

TGarrett

TN/SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/12 03:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OOPS! I learned today the containers I bought are not tea friendly, at least not hot tea. I poored in the sugar, the tea bags, then added the water. Instantly the bottle started to sink in on itself lol. I salvaged it I think, pulled it back up and capped it, put it in fridge to cool it down and reharden the plastic I hope lol. Its not perfect anymore but will have to wait to see if it can be salvaged.

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/12 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They make single cup cold brew bags now. Check the grocers shelves. Not all are carrying it yet. My wife says it is excellent. My refreshment of choice is hot coffee.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

raindove

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/12 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TGarrett wrote:

raindove wrote:

TGarrett wrote:

I am looking for options for storing drinks in the fridge. I have always kept at least a gallon of sweet tea in my fridge as I go through it in a day or two. I don't do the premixed bottled stuff. Right now I have my shelves adjusted to fit my gallon jug in but that leaves me with 2 shelves with about 2" of clearance. I was wondering what everyone else does for storage for full timing with an RV fridge.

A residential Fridge isn't really an option for me as I plan on doing a lot of camping/Offroading across the nation and won't always have hookups so I want to keep the gas option.

If you are cooking your own tea, make it concentrated. Use enough tea bags for a gallon, but use a quart of water. Sweeten as you would for a gallon. Put in refrig. When you pour a glass, add water and ice to dilute it down.

When going on longer trips, sometimes we put the ice chest under the dinette table, to put extra drinks in. It gets to be a pain in the butt with the cooler underfoot. Some days you just have to choose your battles.

Can you concentrate sugar that much, not sure anything less than a gallon can take 2 cups.

After I cook the tea, I put it in a glass container. I add the sugar while the tea is still hot. Let it cool in the glass container and then you can put it in plastic if you prefer, to put in the refrig.

TGarrett

TN/SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/12 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

raindove wrote:

TGarrett wrote:

Can you concentrate sugar that much, not sure anything less than a gallon can take 2 cups.

TGarrett

TN/SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/12 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wny_pat wrote:

They make single cup cold brew bags now. Check the grocers shelves. Not all are carrying it yet. My wife says it is excellent. My refreshment of choice is hot coffee.

Cold brew is blasphamy in the south lol.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Iced Tea
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS