|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> sealand toilet warranty

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Rldsl

Central AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/12 11:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would anyone happen to know exactly what is covered under a sealand toilet 2/10 year warranty?
I installed one of those things about 2 years ago and now the ball seal is leaking.
Thanks

'1984 King of the road 5th wheel 28ft, used , but not abused. Starting it's second life one piece at a time.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 01:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2/10 year warranty

Did you purchase an extended warranty (10 year)?
Best to contact the 'warranter'....Sealand (Dometic) or extended warranty company.

Ball seal leaking.......tried cleaning the seal/ball? I mean really cleaning underside and then greasing it up with plumbers grease or even olive oil.
Usually a good cleaning/greasing will resolve not holding water in bowl issues

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

Chris Bryant

DeLand, Florida, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 05:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's 2 years for defects, 10 years for defects in the ceramic. Cleaning is pretty much conside4red normal maintenance, and is not covered (and not considered a defect).
But.. they may send a new seal no charge if you ask.

-- Chris Bryant
My RV Service Blog
The RV.net Blog

Rldsl

Central AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I reached in there and cleaned it real good. Had not considered using any type of lube on it ( OK I was throwing around the idea of silicone since most modern seals are silicone based rubber). I cant find my manual, but I vaguely remember it saying not to use any type of chemicals etc. Its such a rare occasion when I buy anything new, I try to keep the warranty valid

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

on my sealand you can install the new seal by just reaching in the bowl with your foot holding the slider/ball down.

1fastdad

mo.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 07:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rldsl wrote:

Would anyone happen to know exactly what is covered under a sealand toilet 2/10 year warranty?
I installed one of those things about 2 years ago and now the ball seal is leaking.
Thanks
If you call sealand and tell them your problem they will send you the parts free of charge no mater how old it is.

Rldsl

Central AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/12 01:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tried cleaning it out, a heavy duty cable tie seemed a close substitute for the missing factory tool, but that didnt do it, the seal lip had gone limp, then I braved the question to SWMBO, and asked what she had used to clean the thing beforethe last outing. Basically seal death in a bottle, so thankfully, I found a new replacement seal at camping world for $30 ( cheaper than Amazon even, beat that ) I tried calling dometic, but just got put on a voice mail runaround
I found it interesting , the original seal on the 510 had a hard plastic ring ontop and a soft rubber seal on the bottom that protruded downward and the replacement contained a fairly hard rubber section to replace the plastic, slightly thicker than the plastic disk and a flat teflon disk for the bottom where it slides off the ball , that looks a bunch more sturdy than the original setup
It was perfectly clean in there, the seal was just toast. Thank goodness I had my young son there to lift that heavy thing up while I just slipped the seals in and out, otherwise it would have been a bit of an ordeal
THanks all

Irelands child

Upstate New York

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes you luck out with the seal. A tongue depressor or even a Popsicle stick will scrape out the 'deposits' between the two pieces of neoprene. If not, disassemble at the centerline geared clamp, pull the seal out, clean and reinstall. The IB has the general info, but it really is a simple tho not for the squeamish job

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> sealand toilet warranty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS