RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: apache campground

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Danford50

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 12:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got back from our first camping trip this year and it was disappointing the campground we stay at simple because there pull thur lot are too small and they do not offer any wi-fi in the camp site , except for a hot spot in select areas of the camp ground. i would not recommend this campground to anyone who plan to stay at myrtle beach.

Post moved from TT Forum to RV Parks Forum

Moderator - TT Forum

* This post was last edited 06/28/12 01:29pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

dupreet

High Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at Apache years ago and quickly looked away. The fact that they have very limited information on their website - it doesn't show any amenities including WiFi. That was my first sign. I called them and got a real cold shoulder as to what they offer, where I would get a site, etc. We went to Ocean Lakes and loved it. We took a chance on Pirateland a couple years back when Ocean Lakes was full (yes, full several months out!!) Except for the adolescent karoke traveling too far from the pool, it was nice too.

Todd

Todd

1993 Ford E-350 pushed by a 1988 Wilderness 24' TT

Cecilt

Page

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 02:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Danford50 wrote:

Just got back from our first camping trip this year and it was disappointing the campground we stay at simple because there pull thur lot are too small and they do not offer any wi-fi in the camp site , except for a hot spot in select areas of the camp ground. i would not recommend this campground to anyone who plan to stay at myrtle beach.

Post moved from TT Forum to RV Parks Forum

Moderator - TT Forum

Why searching on this site and reading RV Reviews is important. The only positive is I like that section of MB better(northern) as the beaches are much wider than down at OL where we always stay.

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What made you go there in the first place?

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While Apache is not our first choice. We would go there again. Much depends on what you are looking for. It is somewhat quieter than most of the other MB CGs, and WiFi is not a problem for us. All computers stay at home, We are on vacation from all that stuff.

It also has the widest beach, dunes to ocean of any MB CG, and it is the only private CG with a pier. And that is what we go to the beach for, The beach.
Plus. It is usually a little cooler there, because of the lack of pavement

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

Water-Bug

Traverse City, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

It also has the widest beach, dunes to ocean of any MB CG, and it is the only private CG with a pier. And that is what we go to the beach for, The beach.
Plus. It is usually a little cooler there, because of the lack of pavement

Sure glad that you used the word PRIVATE, because the state park has Apache beat on all three counts (beach, ocean, pier)

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First of all. Apache looked like a hole in the wall when we checked it out. Secondly the pier is open to everyone. Not only campers, but anyone who will pay the $2 parking fee at the gate. Thirdly it has live entertainment nightly during the summer. So depending on if you are ok or not with the music will make a difference. Fourth and last one, I'm not that big, the beach don't need to be wide.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 07:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

First of all. Apache looked like a hole in the wall when we checked it out. Secondly the pier is open to everyone. Not only campers, but anyone who will pay the $2 parking fee at the gate. Thirdly it has live entertainment nightly during the summer. So depending on if you are ok or not with the music will make a difference. Fourth and last one, I'm not that big, the beach don't need to be wide.

First, You don't have to be big to run out of beach at high tide in front of OL, PL, or LW. There is very little beach there. Plenty at Apache. Plenty wide enough for the volley ball court setup there. Second. Campers can stroll the pier free, and there is a small restaurant on it. And yes there is dancing ast night. But it stops at 11. Plus. If you don't want to go you don't have too. It's not noticable from the CG, as it is the longest pier on the East Coast. Not nearly as loud as the Nightly Golf cart parade, at the other CGs. which I don't mind either.

As I said. It is NOT our first choice. But I talked with the new owner at the Charlotte Show, and he is committed to making the place better. He is making the sites larger, by taking several small sites, and amking 2 larger sitea out of them. They also have picnic table shelters. The bath houses are dated, and not air conditioned. There are only 2 on the beach area. but the CG isn't that large either.

It's not nearly as fancy as the other private CGs, but For us it is still a viable option. We really liked that the dunes there were shorter than most, and you could see the beach from the camper. And we really like where it is. North MB is IMOP, much better than South MB. you don't have to even get on 17 to get to it, and several restaurants, grocery stors, and Wal Mart are very close, and easy to get to.

Shot-N-Az

Va

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/12 04:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stayed there once. They do not appear to have a problem filling their sites. Lots of folks seem to like it.

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/12 05:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would recommend it, but would also mention to others that it is not as rigged up with amenities as OL or Lakewood.

I have been to all of these cgs. Apache is fine, FOR US. I don't require all the extras. I like the quiet of Apache, the wide beach is fab, pier is fun with bands/music. Hubby loves pier fishing.

For a private cg directly on the beach Apache is fine, again, FOR US. I would recommend it to anyone but also tell them about the layout, amenities etc. and then let them judge for themselves if they wanted it.

I never camp with a computer. I don't care about WIFI.

in fact we will be booking Apache in the early fall. Just to get away, rates drop a bit and we will have a blast.

I take recommendations about cgs with a grain of salt. Unless a person 'describes a truly horrible cg' I would not dismiss a cg because 'sites were a bit tight' or 'no wifi'.

Sites in any big touristy/beach/high volume area are usually a bit tight. This sure isn't new.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS