|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Delsand Direct TV Satellite Mount

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
coburke4

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/12 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After reading the May 2012 Trailer Life article on "Simple Satellite Setup" by Bill and Jean Gehr I am curious if anyone has bought one of these satellite mounts. I have talked to Del and he has a 30 day money back guarantee on his product. After reading the article and talking to Del I am close in purchasing the unit. Does anyone have one of his satellite mounts or know of anyone who does. Your help is greatly appreciated. It seems almost to good to be true in locating the Direct TV satellites but Del assures me it can be done and his videos seem to verify this...

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/12 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Forum Technical Support.

schneid

In the Wind

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/12 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stands on four legs, I suspect making it wobbly. Think restaurant table plus the legs have no spread. Tripods use three spread wide which makes them inherently stable.

Looks top-heavy. I use a five-gallon bucket filled with water or rocks to ballast my TV4RV.com tripod. That's forty pounds or so.

It is clever but you can DIY with some of the umbrella base and PVC solutions.

Check out a TV4RV.com HD Combo Kit for $150. Tried and true. Get the correct folding arm kit too.

don/lou

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/12 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watched the video on their site-
Looks like it is very unstable!!

what Schneid says X2 !

Don & Louise
2000 Coachman Catalina 330 MSB /F53
2008 Impala- Remco Lube Pump , Blue OX tow bar & Brake Buddy
Winegard Bell Expressview HD tv
SL3 HD- TV4RV tripod Direct HD or Dish VIP211K / external Hard drive

malibuguybc

Abbotsford, BC / Ft.Mohave, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/12 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple of years ago I purchased the Delsand Satellite Mount at the Arizona Marketplace in Yuma. I found it was a great layout but found that the plastic that it's made from does not work well with the Arizona dust! Found a grinding feeling when making adjustments, I guess it would work great in a much sterile environment but don't know weather it would last with taking it apart and adjusting a lot. Good idea but mine is in a box at home, sorry.

coburke4

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/12 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank You all of you for your excellent feedback. I am now looking at schneid suggestion of going to TV4RV.com. Hopefully they will provide good tech support if needed.

Thanks again,

Dan

schneid

In the Wind

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/12 07:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tech Support be right here plus the TV4RV.com is pretty foolproof. Downside is we fools are pretty clever at screwing things up.

del7226

Lake Stevens, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 04:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to address the items noted about the stand from Delsand.
Yes, sand will get into the area around the azimuth gauge. I find that the mixture of sand and rain will result in the need to remove the 6 bolts around the azimuth ring, clean the area with a cloth, about a 5 min job. It usually needs to be done 1 to 2 times a year. The early models did not have a gear to adjust the azimuth and would lock up quicker that the later models with a gear. The added gear with a wheel did help. We tried to let those that purchase the early models, and had a problem, to upgrade to the geared model at our production cost.
The 4 legs of the stand keeps it much closer to the ground and is more stable than a tripod. With the tripod being higher, most will fall in a very strong wind especially when the wind changes directions, and comes from the direction where the other side does not have a leg to support it. The PDQ Signal stand is low to the ground, has no sides without a leg, can be set up to a magnetic north, allowing for the alignment to the correct azimuth reading, which most tripods cannot do. Getting the mast level by having 4 adjustable legs (up to 7 inch each) compared to a tripod where I have seen the shovels come out and a lot of adjustment to the ground to get it level.
The stand does allow for some give in the wind, this will not cause any problem with the signal loss, as the small about of movement does not affect the reflected signals strength to the LNB.
Yes, I am bias as I designed the stand. However, most of the owners I hear from find the stand to be very stable and a much easier to use when it comes to the HD dishes from Dish Network and DirecTV.
If anyone has a problem with the stand from Delsand LLC, please call and let us know.
Del Saindon
Managing Member Delsand LLC
425 879 2929

coburke4

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I must comment that Del from Delsand does an excellent job of trying to work out possible problems associated with his product. When calling him he is very patient and never tries to hard sell you his product.

RVUSA

Orlando, FL, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The "sled" mount from directv, that you can get for free by the way, is the best of the best. At least in terms of stability and speed of setup.

I can have it and my SWM3 dish set up and pulling in 98% on the signal bars in 2 minutes tops.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Delsand Direct TV Satellite Mount
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS