|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Bathhouse

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
korbe

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/12 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the old days, after a typical day campin' of using bug spray & smelling like camp smoke, I would just hop in the sleeping bag and smell the same in the morning. Now, there is nothing better than taking a quick navy shower in the rig and hopping into a clean bed - especially after a dirty day outside.

2004 F250 SD PSD
2004 Crossroads Cruiser CF25RS

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I work on the road, camp every night, almost exclusively in government parks with a dump station. The bath house is fine 5 days a week during the camping season. There's hardly anyone using them. Friday and Saturday can be "iffy". There's always the RV shower.

RVn Full-time

RognBon

Roseville, Calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/12 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had two travel trailers and three motorhomes and have never used the campground showers or toilets.

RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

John & Christine

Milford

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/12 07:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pasusan wrote:

Nope. As soon as we got a camper with an actual shower in it - that was it. Never get me into a shower house again. Ever.
Same here...

noplace2

roaming

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/12 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fulltime, just started our 12th year. We use public showers when available. Why pay to heat water and clean up the shower? Yeah, yeah, I know. Other peoples' filth. 11 years of using those facilities about 320 times/year and have yet to contract a dreaded disease, let alone a case of athlete's foot.

You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. - Eleanor Roosevelt

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/12 07:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I check the bath house out and will consider using it if it's very clean. Sometimes it's nice to take a really long shower and not run out of water. But the ones with the timers... forget it.

2006 Toyota Sienna
Single empty-nester in Middle TN

Chock Full o' Nuts

GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/12 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use our TT shower when it's cold outside--I don't like walking around in the cold with wet hair. When the weather is pleasant and the bath house is clean, we'll run over there. I love being able to stand in the hot shower as long as I like.

"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/12 10:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure how many people here it irritates (and since it shouldn't irritate them I don't particularly care lol) but yes, I do this often. The water pressure in the TT shower isn't that great and I have long, thick hair. IT is so much nicer to wash it with the full size shower head with power. Our CG has remodeled all of the bath houses and they are pretty darn posh. I enjoy using them. ON busy weekends, however, I do not so that those who can't use their own, can. The times I have used them, there was usually no one else there or one or two only.

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/12 10:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noplace2 wrote:

Fulltime, just started our 12th year. We use public showers when available. Why pay to heat water and clean up the shower? Yeah, yeah, I know. Other peoples' filth. 11 years of using those facilities about 320 times/year and have yet to contract a dreaded disease, let alone a case of athlete's foot.

I have a pair of bath house flip flops I use exclusively for this purpose as the only thing I might worry about would be athlete's feet since it is highly contagious, and a humid bathhouse is the best environment for it to thrive. I am not worried about anything else as I am not in direct contact with it.

My son, however, when he used to camp with me wasn't always as diligent in this practice and never got athlete's foot. Still yet, I would rather use them. Its a tad precarious balancing on one foot to clean each one without it falling down in the shower floor, but its not too bad. LOL I can spray the shoes with lysol and let them dry later. Just a tad piece of mind LOL

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/12 05:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

DW uses the TT shower and I usually use the bathhouse to save on holding tank. I don't mind.

that's us. when we don't have full hookups hubby takes some pressure off the tanks by using the showerhouse. he doesn't mind either and me being the gal loves my personal bathroom in the camper.

so I say THANKS to my hubby all the time he knows what a lady likes

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Bathhouse
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS