RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ecoboost not designed for towing?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ecoboost not designed for towing?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
FishOnOne

Katy

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/12 10:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

45Ricochet wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

45Ricochet wrote:

I think that about sums it up. Did I miss anything?

Apparently the only thing you missed was the LINK blue boy

Yes blue boy were's your link...

Wow you quoted yourself without any statement, how unusual

Didn't the OP give this link???

Clicky

Hint, click on the youtube arrows.
If there's nothing wrong in your mind, post up.

The goal was to bypass some perceived filters!

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD "Built Ford Tough"
'06 Holiday Rambler 31SKD

Perrysburg Dodgeboy

Perrysburg, Ohio USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/12 10:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK first yes they all build lemons, but it is how they handle the issues. The biggest problem is the dealers service departmet. If you have to take your vehicle in 2,3,4 or more times for the samething then you will start looking elsewhere for your next vehicle.

The guy in the link was towing a 4000# trailer (the heaviest) so for the CS agent to try and blame the owner (and some of you for that matter) is crazy. Remember he asked to call her back and record the conversation. This gave her ample time to talk to a supervisor and formulate just how to try and turn the problems around to look like it was caused by him. I believe 100% that she told him the vehicle (EB) was not designed for towing. These are low payed entry level workers that read from a script, nothing more. Ask something technical and they put you on hold or call you back after they get the answer to your question. Yes this goes for ALL of them.

But for some of you to say it is the owners fault or he must of abused the truck, will that just shows how deep blue you truly are.

Don

On Sunday Jan. 26,2014 Toledo Fire department lost two Hero's in a fire.
God Speed Privates Stephen Machcinski and James Dickman. We will take it form here my Brothers.

Hannibal

Gas Station

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ib516 wrote:

All brands break down, all brands make lemons.

Why can't we discuss a factual case without whining about "bashing" and hurt feelings? Put on your big girl panties for gosh sakes. Fact is, this guys is getting screwed, it's not fair, and it's not right. I don't care what the truck brand is.

The only fact we know is, we don't know other than what he says he was doing when the problem began. I can take my truck out and tear it up towing a 30k lb trailer through soft ground and then film it towing a lawn trailer down the blvd with the CEL on for evidence as well as anyone. I'm not convinced yet be it a Ford, GM, Dodge Cummins or the mighty Tundra.

'10 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73 80k miles
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
'07 KZ Jag 28JFSS.

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/12 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

The goal was to bypass some perceived filters!

Isn't that what FOMOCO told Ric?

06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
GVWR 12,200 RAWR 9350
06 Grand Junction 34' High profile 15500 GVWR 3200 pin Mor/ryde 5500 Onan genny Dual A/C Wet bolts
27' Hallett 502, 500HP

greende

Syracuse,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/12 06:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whisperide wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

Maybe there is a market for an insurance policy that will cover the rental on a tow vehicle when your brand new truck is in the shop getting warranty work. Is it hard to find a rental place that can supply a truck equipped with a fifth wheel hitch?

Impossible.
I might rent out a dually with a gooseneck hitch, but I'd never rent out any vehicle with a 5er hitch. Most guys with GN trailers are in their 30s-50s, and know what they're doing. Most 5er towers are in their 60s-80s and have less than no clue what they're doing. Admittedly the goosenecks are more likely to be grossly overweight, but even so, there are a thousand times more fail vids on youtube for 5ers than for goosenecks.

So you are saying that since I'm 64 years old that I do not know how to tow a 5er? Are you saying someone younger tows a 5er better? Just askin'.....

2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

SeaRayder

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a EB owner Ford should fix his issue, unless there has been abuse. Sounds like he got himself a lemon. My EB has been trouble free for 5000 miles with the exception of the IC condensation issue, and it's only done that once after driving 350 miles nonstop through florida. And if you goose it every 100miles or so its not an issue. Every manufacturer will screw one up now and then. I'm sure Ford will take care of him sooner or later, and if I was him I would try a different dealer.

-SeaRayder

Current RV: 2009 Keystone Springdale 280FWIKSSR Fifth Wheel
Current TV: 2012 Ford F150 Heavy Duty Crew Cab EcoBoost Lariat 4x4

Hannibal

Gas Station

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gale Hawkins wrote:

My reflexes are a tad slower no doubt but by risk taking as slowed down even more I think.

That's the other side of the story. Folks younger than 30 still think they're invincible. They take risks that those of us nearing 60 try to avoid. Less of a hurry too.

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 11:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

greende wrote:

So you are saying that since I'm 64 years old that I do not know how to tow a 5er? Are you saying someone younger tows a 5er better? Just askin'.....

Of course he isn't, and you know that full well.

If you look at goosenecks and 5vers, not many RVs are goosenecks, and not many work trailers are 5vers.

Gooseneck work trailers tend to be operated by working people, who are usually younger (30-50), and who operate them day in and day out for a living. They tend to receive training and frequent practice in handling the heavy trailers, and as such tend to be more skilled at operating their vehicles.

5th wheel RV trailers tend to be operated by retired people who use them to travel in their retirement years. They spent most of their lives driving a passenger car or SUV, and tend to have little or no towing experience before jumping right in with both feet on a huge pickup truck and a 5-ton+ trailer. They do not receive any training and tend to not be as skilled at handling their vehicles.

2002 Chevy 3500 DRW/8.1/Allison & 2000 Palomino B1500 popup TC

-Yes, I haul a popup with a dually. No, I don't think I need a dually to haul a popup.

CKNSLS

Northern Utah

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkirsch wrote:

greende wrote:

If you look at goosenecks and 5vers, not many RVs are goosenecks, and not many work trailers are 5vers.

Gooseneck work trailers tend to be operated by working people, who are usually younger (30-50), and who operate them day in and day out for a living. They tend to receive training and frequent practice in handling the heavy trailers, and as such tend to be more skilled at operating their vehicles.

5th wheel RV trailers tend to be operated by retired people who use them to travel in their retirement years. They spent most of their lives driving a passenger car or SUV, and tend to have little or no towing experience before jumping right in with both feet on a huge pickup truck and a 5-ton+ trailer. They do not receive any training and tend to not be as skilled at handling their vehicles.

I think someone 30 years of age has reflexes that are much quicker than somebody in their 60s. We all slow down as we age, and that's a fact. I am saying two people given the same amount of experience, I rather be in front of the 30 year old and not the 60 year old towing a 15,000 pound trailer.

For the record I am over 50.

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 01:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CKNSLS wrote:

mkirsch wrote:

greende wrote:

I think someone 30 years of age has reflexes that are much quicker than somebody in their 60s. We all slow down as we age, and that's a fact. I am saying two people given the same amount of experience, I rather be in front of the 30 year old and not the 60 year old towing a 15,000 pound trailer.

For the record I am over 50.

My reflexes are a tad slower no doubt but by risk taking as slowed down even more I think.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ecoboost not designed for towing?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS