RV.Net Open Roads Forum: In your opinion, when is is TOO HOT?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> In your opinion, when is is TOO HOT?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
JenniferandJosh

texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We haven't been out since early May and are itching to go somewhere thanks to seeing a couple of trailer/RV shows on GAC (didn't even know what that channel was!) But we live in Texas and if you're a native Texan, you know how hot things are down here, and lots of places around the country.

Sadly, because of this, we pretty much ignore our poor trailer from late May till October. What's the point of taking it out when all you do is sit inside in the a/c?

When is it too hot for you to go out?

“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” -Jack Kerouac

josten367

Columbia, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 01:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When your AC in your camper quits in 104 degree temps outside and inside the trailer is 110 degree's. Anytime it's over 100 degree's is too hot. AC can't even keep it 80 much less below that. Plus, what else would you do in that kind of heat besides be inside somewhere watching a movie or something.

2012 Palomino Puma Bunkhouse 5th Wheel 295KBH
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Gas with Flowmasters
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

lilredmom

MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 01:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When it's 90+ without a good breeze. That's what we are dealing with right now. It's so hot you break a sweat just having a conversation.

RognBon

Roseville, Calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/12 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This time of year we only go to the California coast north of Bodega Bay. We both hate the heat and anything above 80 degrees is too hot for us to be outside. We won't travel anywhere that we have to sit inside because of the heat. I know a lot of people enjoy the hot weather, but not us.

RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

pompomgirl

Everett, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 01:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a native Texan, and my answer to this question is why I don't live there any longer, and for that matter, why I no longer live in Arizona. I'm happy if it never gets over 70. I'm hot over 80, and over 90, I flee if possible. We will be at some model airplane competitions this summer in Eastern Washington, and I will probably sit in the coach under the AC whenever DH is not flying.

When people complain about the weather in Western Washington, I tell them I didn't come here from Tucson for the heat and the sun.

n7bsn

Yes

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like pompomgirl, we are heat wusses..... Last night was the first night this year, when it was warm enough to leave a window open all night, last week was the first week we didn't have a fire in the woodstove.

So... years ago it was 100, now, after 30+ years here, anything over 80

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

rfryer

Phoenix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/12 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

90 degrees would be too hot for me. I spend most of my time outside and don't tolerate heat well so what I can cool the TT to is irrelevant except for sleeping. What saves me is that within 200 miles I change change elevations from 1000' to 8000' and get into 70 and 80 degree temps. The other alternative is to drive 400 miles and get into Utah or the Colorado mountains. Or go further north. In the cooler months I camp at the lower elevations, the colder days bother me much less than the heat.

RedRocket204

CO Front Range Mnts - Got MTB trail?

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You all should head to the OR or WA coasts where it rarely gets above 70 in the summer. Right now it is high noon completely sunny and 66 degrees on my temp gauge sitting in the shade.

Just make sure to pack warm cloths and bring your rain gear.

I love me some land yachting

trickyvic3

Raymond NH.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/12 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's why I like living in NH. The down side is we can only camp 6 months out of the year. It seems the older we get, the less we like extreme heat. Sure we still get 90-100deg days sometimes, but generally at night it cools down quite a bit.

Vic

Valkyriebush

Yuma, Az/Chimacum, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/12 01:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

100 dry heat 90 humid

Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800