|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> what can i tow with my chevy trailblazer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
nascarjohn57

pigeon forge tn

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i have a 2002 chevy trailblazer would like to know how big a motor home i can tow safely i was thinking a pop up thanks john

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your thinking is on track.

michaelman501

langley

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 06:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which engine do you have ? I had a 2002 TB with the inline 6 and it was rated to tow 7200 pounds.....My TT had a GVW of 5600 pounds....after towing it with the trailblazer for a year i bought a half ton, the trailblazer towed great in the flats, but once in hilly terrain it would struggle.....I would recommend a hybrid travel trailer, it would tow one of those with ease! However this is assuming you have the V6, if you have the V8, well thats another story!

JoeyIVI

Aston, PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skip the pop up and look at a small hybrid preferably with out a slide it will keep your weight down pulled a little 17 ft hybrid for years with my envoy pulled like a dream and it was nice having a bathroom the pop ups are just a tent in a box and I look back and wish I just started with a hybrid

mbopp

Henrietta, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/12 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the corporate twin - an I6 Envoy. Our pop-up was fine, but it struggled once we went to the 21' hybrid. I'd stick with the PU or 17-18' trailer.

2013 North Trail 21FBS
2012 F-150 XLT Ecoboost ("EcoBeast") scab

Weazletoe

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 11:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nascarjohn57 wrote:

i have a 2002 chevy trailblazer would like to know how big a motor home i can tow safely i was thinking a pop up thanks john

Yes, I know its set up wrong. This was back before I knew a thing about what I was doing. I drove this from Cleveland, Ohio to Pocatello, Idaho. TV has the 4.3 TT was a 21' Prowelr, weight was around 2800, IIRC. it's really pulled great, especially after I flipped the axles and got it sitting level. I have since moved to the rig in my signature, but routinely pull my FIL's pop up. Don't even know its behind me, even on the bigger passes. That 4.3 is a great motor.

TV- 1990 Chevy 3500, 454, 3 speed, 4x4
5er - 1991 Prowler, 25ft

aquarious

Marion Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pull a Starcraft 27BH with a 2007 Trailblazer. 5.3 V8, 4wd, 3.73, wdh. I am close to max weight. I tow on mostly flat roads close to home, keep my speed 55-60 and have no trouble controling my rig. Do I recomend this type of rig ? Definitely NOT it works for me for now but to repeat myself I do not recomend this for anyone else. Ed

JiminDenver

Denver, Co

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The last trip there was a Trail blazer pulling a little Scamp TT that would pass me on every down hill run and then slow down to a crawl on the climbs. We did that all the way to Denver and even started waving at each other as we passed. lol

2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2007/2003 Ford Expedition
Nights camped in 2011 21
Nights camped in 2012 16

Hammerhead

Moon Base 5

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your 2,800 lb seems rather light. We used to have a similar sized trailer (21' Terry) that had a listed dry weight of 3800 lbs and weighed at least 4,500 lbs with all of our gear and and optional equipment like the A/C.

Weazletoe wrote:

nascarjohn57 wrote:

Yes, I know its set up wrong. This was back before I knew a thing about what I was doing. I drove this from Cleveland, Ohio to Pocatello, Idaho. TV has the 4.3 TT was a 21' Prowelr, weight was around 2800, IIRC. it's really pulled great, especially after I flipped the axles and got it sitting level. I have since moved to the rig in my signature, but routinely pull my FIL's pop up. Don't even know its behind me, even on the bigger passes. That 4.3 is a great motor.

hitnderoad

Twin Cities metro, Mn.

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 12:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I towed a 19' Hybred with my '04 Envoy inline 6 and it did the job fine. Much nicer to have over a prev. pop-up.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> what can i tow with my chevy trailblazer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS