|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Fresh water stopped

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
MScampers

Vicksburg, MS

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We keep our 2009 Springdale travel trailer parked at our land at the lake. We are hooked up to "city" water. Never have used the fresh water tank or the black or gray water tank as holding tanks. We have always been hooked up to septic and fresh water.

Problem: Mid shower this afternoon the water stopped. Water is on, bill is paid (LOL), water comes out of the white water hose at the city water connection (when disconnected) but will not come out of the faucets. Screen filter inside of connection is clean.

Any ideas?

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/12 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There should be a check (anti-siphon) valve just inside the inlet that keeps the water from the RV going back into the supply. It may be jammed preventing water flow.
If you search this forum you may be able to find more information as to how to fix it or replace it. Try `inlet check valve' in the Search box.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

MScampers

Vicksburg, MS

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you. I found the post, read it, clicked on link and the pictures are how to reassemble the check valve. Hubby said it makes sense. He will fix it tomorrow. Just wonder what made it come apart in mid use.

Thanks for the quick response.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MScampers wrote:

Thank you. I found the post, read it, clicked on link and the pictures are how to reassemble the check valve. Hubby said it makes sense. He will fix it tomorrow. Just wonder what made it come apart in mid use.

Thanks for the quick response.

Cheap plastic assembly with a small o-ring....doesn't take much to knock it out of whack.

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

gijoecam

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 06:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even if the check valve came apart, the valve is going to prevent water from backing out of the connection, not from coming into the connection...

Unless, of course, it blew the valve itself through the assembly and it's sealed against the hose where it screws on the back side of it? Hmmmm....

I just took my old one apart last week to see what made it tick (had my o-ring get dislodged when de-winterizing, so I replaced the whole thing). I guess if the valve and retainer separated, it could, theoretically, push the valve through to the PEX fitting screwed onto the back of it, and with the proper orientation, it could stop the water flow. Interesting....

Be sure to report back with the findings! Good luck!

dan-nickie

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[quote=MScampers]Never have used the fresh water tank or the black or gray water tank as holding tanks. We have always been hooked up to septic and fresh water.
Quote:

I was just wondering how you do this?
Is the waste system special plumbed around the tanks?

Dan and Nickie

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 07:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a basic diagram of a typical RV Water System. The waste water tanks are completely separated from the fresh water tank...

photo from google images

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

CarnationSailor

Carnation,WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 07:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dan-nickie,

I suspect the OP keeps his black water tank connected to the sewer with the black tank valve open all the time. Thus, risking having the dreaded "poop pyramid" form in his black tank.

2011 Keystone Cougar 24RKS
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller

j.p.f.

ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

not to long ago I had a screw that holds the rubber washer in the faucet back out and drop into the water feed line, the screw worked it's way down to the low water drain. the screw couldn't go past the drain and the water couldn't get past the screw so, no water anywhere past the stop-up.
you may want to check for missing screws in the faucet handle.

HappyTrails2U2

Tennessee is home but being held hostage in GA.

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CarnationSailor wrote:

dan-nickie,

I suspect the OP keeps his black water tank connected to the sewer with the black tank valve open all the time. Thus, risking having the dreaded "poop pyramid" form in his black tank.

He will find this out in a very short while. Leaving the black tank valve open and you're just asking for trouble. I barely dodged having to get some expensive work done when I accidentally left our black tank valve open for a few days. Luckily I discovered it before the dreaded pyramid formed and set up like concrete. I had to fill the tank up with water and hope it would drain. It started off very slowly and finally it came out in a rush. I was sweating bullets for a few seconds there until it started flowing. I filled it up several times and flushed it making sure I had it all out. I'm very careful now and double and triple check that the black tank valve is closed.

2010 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8315BSS
2003 Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton Extended Cab

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Fresh water stopped
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: