RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Do You Ever Get Claustrophobic In Your B?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Do You Ever Get Claustrophobic In Your B?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Merry

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/12 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Strangely enough, I am okay with the bathroom in the Bs. But I'm short so really they are perfect for me. Husband would use it occasionally but he likes campground shower rooms. Anyway, once the salesman 'made' the bed area, I was claustrophobic! Holy small! It was worse with the shades drawn. I don't mind 'backing out' of the bed area (it would be way worse to do the 'crawl over')but not sure I can get past this. Since we plan to spend most of the winter in whatever we buy, this could be a deal breaker.
Any one else feel this way? What do you do about it?

2014 Pleasure-Way Pursuit (B+)

SkipJ

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/12 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bothers me cause I sometimes get leg cramps at nite, and I can't sit up in the Cabover to stretch. Can understand how it could bother you? I'm talking about the cabover bed like in a truck camper.
SkipJ

* This post was edited 07/10/12 05:37am by SkipJ *

1992 Airstream B-190 van
1989 Airstream 25' Excella Trailer
Outfitter Apex 9.5 Truck Camper Ford F-350 Diesel 4x4

Handbasket

Asheville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/12 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was never aware of any such feeling with the two B's I owned (RT 190's). Maybe it was 4 years of conditioning in the Navy's 3-high bunks .

Then when I drove down to Provan to see the Tiger, I took the C190P and stayed in a rest area the night before. The contrast was immediate upon stepping into the factory demo Tiger (19' class C). I got an instant feeling of desirable 'openness'. It's amazing how much difference the huge rear window and front & side overcab bunk windows make in small space.

Jim, "Room to cuss a cat without getting hair in your mouth."

'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory') www.tigervehicles.com

GizmosMom

Central Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/12 07:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are both tall and I have never felt claustrophobic in our van. There was a nightstand between the two twin beds but we removed that immediately and keep the king size bed made up.

I get claustrophobic in stores with tight, close areas but never in the van. Maybe because we came into it after tent camping?

Marilyn w/ Joe, 2000 Xplorer Class B van, usually pulling a Ranger bass boat.
Smudge, (in photo) a Shih Tzu/Yorkie Mix and Gizmo is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Terri21

Newfoundland

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/12 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't get claustrophobic in the Bee...but put me in a small tent and I have to have the tent door open..even then I find it hard to sleep...when travelling with the Bee..I leave the bed side cushions home and I like to have the bathroom door in place instead of sealing off sleeping area....this gives me a bit more open area.....awning windows slightly ajar helps as well..spent three months travelling in various temps last year w/o any problems....

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/12 09:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Handbasket wrote:

I was never aware of any such feeling with the two B's I owned (RT 190's). Maybe it was 4 years of conditioning in the Navy's 3-high bunks .

Then when I drove down to Provan to see the Tiger, I took the C190P and stayed in a rest area the night before. The contrast was immediate upon stepping into the factory demo Tiger (19' class C). I got an instant feeling of desirable 'openness'. It's amazing how much difference the huge rear window and front & side overcab bunk windows make in small space.

Jim, "Room to cuss a cat without getting hair in your mouth."

Jim is so right! On entering the Tiger CX I was amazed by the roominess of its interior. Best small coach floor plan I've ever seen.

If I were getting a RT, I'd order the twin bed model rather than the sofa pullout.

2000 Born Free 24RB Class C
6.8L Ford V-10 Engine, E450 Chassis
2002 Honda CR-V toad
Roadmaster Sterling A/T towbar
VIP braking system
Eddyline Merlin kayak

mumkin

Minnetonka, MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/12 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is one of those questions that only you can answer for yourself. If this made you claustrophobic, you need to find a unit where you are not affected.

It is out there... just keep looking and choose one that doesn't bother you. You may need to go to something a bit bigger for spending long winter stretches. I moved up from a 19' B to a 25' Class C to get just that little bit more space.

Mumkin
2011 LTV Libero

sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/12 09:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about a B Plus with 2 slides? Forest River makes the Lexington on a Ford Chassis. They have a 26' model.
Also Thor makes a diesel Chateau Citation on the Sprinter chassis with two slide outs in the living area and bedroom. There is a separate bed area in the back. Model 24SR. They also have a one slide option, living room, Model 24SA. Both these models have a separate sleeping area.
If I felt claustrophobic during the walk thru, I would not purchase it for travel. When it rains and you're stuck inside you need enough room for comfort.

Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/12 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for twin beds......

Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.
States we've camped in.

MAU MAU

New Hampshire and Maine

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/12 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no problem and actually like the cozy feeling.

My Bride on the other hand wont even get into it due to claustrophobia.

Roadtrek 170 Popular

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Do You Ever Get Claustrophobic In Your B?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS