RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Do You Ever Get Claustrophobic In Your B?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Do You Ever Get Claustrophobic In Your B?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
omjones

Stoney Point, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/12 02:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jay
Motel 6 'allows' a well behaved pet in your room, throughout the chain. Not usually a pool, or a bar on site, but a clean place for a good night's sleep and a shower, and a place for a pet in your room. And usually the cheapest in the area. And they'll "leave the light on for ya".
john 'I am Canadian'

Merry

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all for your responses. We'll be outside most of the time, but if it should rain, the Era to me would be unbearable. But yes, some models I looked at, would be okay even on a drizzly day. I think that the back tall wardrobe is the problem because I am okay in the ones that don't have that. So maybe it's just my feet that are claustrophobic?

I really like the Shorty Sprinters...not sure how I'll ever decide.

Roadtrekker2

Henry County, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/12 08:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never gotten claustrophobic in our Roadtrek 190P in the four years we've had it, but I have gotten it in a tent, when a large mattress was moved in.....and also in our truck camper in a dark campground (like the Grand Canyon.) I just had to have the shade on the window up so I could see the lights on the restroom and then I was okay. It's a terrible feeling and you can't do anything about it except get out. I can't even watch t.v. when someone is in a cave or stuck in a box. I sure hope you can find something that will work for you! Jean

silkpainter

Newark, DE, US

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/12 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love camping with a B. Sportsmobile with penthouse up , feels like my own private pullman car at night. Designed interior with tall cabinets behind the driver's seat everything else below the window level. Visited someone with elongated van and nothing above window level. Felt like a living room. Hard to do if you want bathroom space though.

Will admit to a limit of 2 days of rainy weather and a wet dog as being my limit. Then it's time to move on

North Star Navigator

bobojay5

Eastern Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife got claustrophobic in our Pleasureway Lexor, (same as RT 190P), during a 16 day trip. About bit my head off one evening.
We upsized to a small C and are now thinking about coming back to a B. If we do it'll probably be an ERA with the twin bed floor plan. She thinks she'll be ok with a Sprinter sized B. Although being stuck in it during a long rain event might trigger her "problem" again, don't know. We theorize that having 2 TV's in the unit has helped with the crowded in feeling.
99% of the time we don't sit for long in one spot, so the rain thing isn't much of an issue on trips.

Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Sprinter Class B Van
Our Second Sprinter

robbins1

maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/12 08:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you new to RVing in general? Cause, there's always a lot of backing and forthing to be done in the beginning. Gets easier with time. Especially during those intimate/sleeping hours. Best of luck.

~~~ruth~~~

Karsty

Niagara Falls, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/12 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Feeling claustrophobic in a Class B is subjective. As you see by earlier posts everyone has differing views. In my case I have the Winnebago ERA with the coach in the back that converts to a bed.

Since I travel alone I don't use the "king size" option. I just fold the coach/bed into a double or queen and sleep from side to side. It is a little short for me ... but I generally sleep with my knees bend slightly anyways.

Bearing in mind that I am a heavy weight ... pushing 350 pounds ... I don't feel cramped or claustrophobic whatsoever.

If you are feeling claustrophobic now then you better go with your first instincts and look at something else. After you get your "stuff" in the RV you will feel it even more.

Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/12 10:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes! I definitely get claustrophobic, though DH doesn't. I noticed it at the dealership and we bought the white interior model because of it. I didn't feel like the walls were closing in on me as badly or as much as the ones with the wood grain interiors. Those made me feel like I was in a walk-in-closet. We have very limited parking space at home and that was the main reason we bought the class B. If we had found one to rent, we would have gotten a class C and paid for a storage location. The B is just a bit too much togetherness for me. I compare it to the two of us traveling cross country in a space the size of a bathroom at home. I think it would be ideal for one person, though.

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Merry

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you so much for your insights. After very careful consideration to our needs, we bought a Forest River Solera sprinter. I feel this is a B+ but I guess it's really a C. It's still small enough that we can take it just about anywhere, but big enough to hopefully chase away any claustrophobia.
Happy camping!

2014 Pleasure-Way Pursuit (B+)

juliev

SE Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/12 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the first B's that we looked at had a bed area like that. No way I could have slept in it. We looked at several different manufacturers before we found one that worked well for us and that we were both comfortable with. Keep looking at different models, eventually you'll find the right one.

We have not noticed any problem hanging out in the B, even on trips as long as a month. However, we don't really spend all that much time inside of the B except for sleeping and driving. We tend to live and cook outside as much as possible, just going in to clean and sleep. If the weather gets bad and we're forced to stay inside, it's nice to get cozy and watch movies in bed (and eat and sleep) all day. More than one day of bad weather though, and we just drive on to wherever we can be outdoors again. That's one of the great things about the B, it's easy to move.

* This post was edited 08/03/12 04:23pm by juliev *

Julie

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Do You Ever Get Claustrophobic In Your B?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS