|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Recommended maintenance ?'s

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
lowreyfarris

Plano, TX

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/12 08:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Other than the regular oil change what maintence should I be doing anunually? I have an 07 Fourwinds on the Chevy 4500 chasis. It only has 27,000 miles on it. I bought this RV used 3 years ago. It came from a dealer and was "fully" serviced and inspected when I bought it. I haven't had any problems, and it is still under warranty.

All I have done is change the engine and generator oil annually, and regularly clean the air filter.

Should I be worried about the brakes or bearings? I don't want to lift it myself to check, and I am pretty sure if I ask the guy at the shop to check them he will find a list of maintenace that needs to be done.

2007 Four Winds 28A
1999 Jeep Wrangler

Coach-man

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/12 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the owners manual, if you do not have an owners manual, contact the manufacturer and obtain one! This is important as each chassis manufacturer have different schedules for maintenance, Failure to do the required maintenance could result in expensive repairs. Also depending on where you live you need to do important scheduled maintenance on the RV. On the chassis check the batteries and the fluid level at least every 3 months, flush and replace the brake fluid, flush and replace including the filter the transmission fluid. Zerks, on the suspension, steering, and drive shaft need to be greased! Depending on the manufacturer flush and replace coolant. Air, file and oils filters must be changed regularly! Check and clean the roof, depending on age seal and coat the roof with appropriate sealer. Again check your owners manual!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Recommended maintenance ?'s
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS