RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Absorption refrigerator replacement ( size ? )

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Absorption refrigerator replacement ( size ? )

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
scooter4

Southwest Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My fridge is now 15 years old and failure is almost inevitable. I am looking to replace it with a house (refrigerant type ) refrigerator. Having a hard time finding a size that will fit in the opening. 54 1/2 high, 23 wide and 24 deep. I'm hoping some one can give me an idea where I could find one.
Thanks Scooter.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 02:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can enlarge 1 inch in height, then the Vanti RA 751WT if still around will fit. H55.5 W21.75 D 22.75

* This post was edited 07/11/12 02:56pm by MountainAir05 *

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 02:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.sears.com/whirlpool-9.6-cu-ft........09051000P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-11.0-cu-ft-........402000P?prdNo=9&blockNo=34&blockType=G34

http://www.sears.com/whirlpool-10.7-cu-f........159000P?prdNo=8&blockNo=33&blockType=G33

don't think you will get a perfect fit, and you are probably going to have to make the opening bigger.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

ArmySFCRet

Congress, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Other than running the genset while going down the road, does S/B 110V refer stay cold enough between stops?

'04 Cross Country 35' w/300 Cummins
'14 Ford Escape on KarKaddy 460SS
'09 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew 5.7 Hemi MDS
'51 & '53 Hudson Hornets 308 6cyl w/TWIN H-POWER
&
5 lbs of BG the Yorkie
Members of:
Grand Canyon Chapter of Hudson Essex Terraplane Club Inc

scooter4

Southwest Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ArmySFCRet wrote:

Other than running the genset while going down the road, does S/B 110V refer stay cold enough between stops?
Two D8 battery's and converter will do the job just fine.

John & Angela

Full Timers in Canada, USA and Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

scooter4 wrote:

My fridge is now 15 years old and failure is almost inevitable. I am looking to replace it with a house (refrigerant type ) refrigerator. Having a hard time finding a size that will fit in the opening. 54 1/2 high, 23 wide and 24 deep. I'm hoping some one can give me an idea where I could find one.
Thanks Scooter.

Hi scooter. We went through the same process you did. Take a tape measure to home depot and start measuring. Try to get something with a good energy star rating. Consider adding a 1000 watt sine wave inverter so you have some dry camping and over the road capability as well. The new fridges don,t draw much power but it would be nice to add a little battery capacity if you can.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. 2002 Vanguard 22 foot Class C. Diesel smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer or pulling a 2009 Timeout Tent Trailer.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was the need for more batteries and an inverter that lead us to spend $400 for an Amish reman for the 6162 Norcold in our 1993 MH.

Well beefing up and loosing a bay and all the wiring work, etc was a factor two.

If one just has to plug in a home model and go camping that is not more expensive I expect. In the end it is about what you want and not the price. Have not read about someone going to a home model then going back to an RV model.

daveengstrand

luck wi.

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 09:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a little more room so used an 18 cu. ft. fridge. The RV ones heat the refrigerant with elec elements so the 120v circuit has more than enough capacity for a household fridge. The difference in cooling is awesome. No fluctuation with changes in weather and a freezer that actually freezes and keeps frozen. We would have nothing else now. We dry camp very little but friends who put in the same fridge we did about a month after us did so for 7 days with no problem. They have 4 batteries and a 2000 watt inverter and monitored current and voltage and it worked great. They ran their gen about 4 or 5 hours a day for AC, microwave, coffeemaker, battery charging etc. They did that with the rv fridge on previous such tripos also so the house fridge caused no changes in their routine.

daveengstrand

luck wi.

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 09:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a little more room so used an 18 cu. ft. fridge. The RV ones heat the refrigerant with elec elements so the 120v circuit has more than enough capacity for a household fridge. The difference in cooling is awesome. No fluctuation with changes in weather and a freezer that actually freezes and keeps frozen. We would have nothing else now. We dry camp very little but friends who put in the same fridge we did about a month after us did so for 7 days with no problem. They have 4 batteries and a 2000 watt inverter and monitored current and voltage and it worked great. They ran their gen about 4 or 5 hours a day for AC, microwave, coffeemaker, battery charging etc. They did that with the rv fridge on previous such tripos also so the house fridge caused no changes in their routine.

resortrver

NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/12 12:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can order a Summit FF874 from www.Homedepot.com. It will replace they old unit and give you 8.1 cubic feet. You will have to add a small board over the top. It is 23.5 inches wide and 51.5 inches tall. Your opening is 54.5 " . I replaced mine. best thing I ever did. It is energy star and only pulls 1.2 amps. Cost is $479. plus shipping.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Absorption refrigerator replacement ( size ? )
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS