RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Phoenix Cruiser - Anyone Have One?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Phoenix Cruiser - Anyone Have One?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ScottMack

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/12 07:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please allow me to preface this post: I know nothing about Phoenix Cruiser. This is based from a "Good Sam Action Line" problem that was printed in the Late Fall 2011 issue of "Highways" regarding the company. (Plus, it is just a good idea regardless of the manufacturer/dealer).

If you order new, make sure you have a written, signed contract spelling out the terms of your order. The contract also needs to detail what happens to the deposit money if the order is cancelled by either party, possibly contingent on the circumstances.

I would never give anyone deposit money without a signed purchase/order contract and I would think twice if any company is willing to accept a deposit without a signed contract in place.

2010 Winnebago Outlook 29B
2010 Ford Escape (1 blown tranny at 4876 towing miles)

gerrym51

unknown

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chevy chassis has more passenger space and 6.0 has better MPG than ford.

for SMALL rv chevy is an alternative to sprinter.

gradygal

punta gorda fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/12 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry,
We have had 3 Phoenix Cruisers in the past 3 years. The first was a 2350 on the Sprinter chassis. We loved the room in the cab and the mileage but hated the rear corner bed.

We decided that given that we travel about 3 monthes, we needed something larger with twin beds so then came the 2011 2551 on the Ford chassis.

Saw the 2910 at the Tampa Show. Fell in love with it. They took our 2551 as a trade. We picked up the 2910, which they customized for us, on June 8th. We are now getting it ready for our trip North.

We have been VERY satisfied with the PC and also with the support from the company.

Let me say to the person who will not look at the PC because there are no dealers in his area: that should not be a concern. Anything that needs to be addressed under warranty is done, once authorized, by your own repair service and a check for the repair is sent out promptly.

We bought the 2350 directly from the factory. Honestly, we were a little anxious at first-having never purchased anything so costly via phone/fax/internet but it worked out well and we are satisfied 3 time PC owners.

Judi

gerrym51

unknown

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gradygal wrote:

Merry,
We have had 3 Phoenix Cruisers in the past 3 years. The first was a 2350 on the Sprinter chassis. We loved the room in the cab and the mileage but hated the rear corner bed.

We decided that given that we travel about 3 monthes, we needed something larger with twin beds so then came the 2011 2551 on the Ford chassis.

Saw the 2910 at the Tampa Show. Fell in love with it. They took our 2551 as a trade. We picked up the 2910, which they customized for us, on June 8th. We are now getting it ready for our trip North.

We have been VERY satisfied with the PC and also with the support from the company.

Let me say to the person who will not look at the PC because there are no dealers in his area: that should not be a concern. Anything that needs to be addressed under warranty is done, once authorized, by your own repair service and a check for the repair is sent out promptly.

We bought the 2350 directly from the factory. Honestly, we were a little anxious at first-having never purchased anything so costly via phone/fax/internet but it worked out well and we are satisfied 3 time PC owners.

Judi

since you had a 2551-do the length of beds cause a problem. I notice on floorplan that one bed is 68 inches and the other is 74. could you comment on this and you and your spouses heights if not to nosy.

I am 5'11" and my wife is 5 feet 6"

i once asked Phoenix cruiser if the beds could be lengthened and they said no.

also is the price more negotiable than their discount off their msrp.

I considered them but the value versus price did not seem to be there.

thanks

gerrym51

unknown

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Merry wrote:

NewW, I'm not really sure of the point of your post? Unless it really was for 'entertainment purposes' only. The article you linked to shows that Mercedes had its best June ever, especially the Sprinter

Of the few Ford based Motorhomes that have been bought here as a Class C Motorhome base, they have failed dismally.

robert,

the thing that none of our overseas counterparts have ever understood.

diesel based c's are no big deal in other parts of the world because most vehicles are diesels and diesel is common and service is common.

in the USA it's the exact opposite. gasoline is the predominant for most vehicles. gas facilities and service common.

as long as that is a factor diesel c's will not be big in usa

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 08:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gerrym51 wrote:

obert,

the thing that none of our overseas counterparts have ever understood.

diesel based c's are no big deal in other parts of the world because most vehicles are diesels and diesel is common and service is common.

in the USA it's the exact opposite. gasoline is the predominant for most vehicles. gas facilities and service common.

as long as that is a factor diesel c's will not be big in usa

Not really the problem with them as virtually all were converted to LPG(as expensive as running a SUV). It was other aspects of the Ford Chassis that were not appreciated.

gradygal

punta gorda fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gerry,
I am 5'4" and hubby is 5'9" and we didn't have any problem with the twin beds in the 2551.

When we had our 2910 built, we wanted twin beds as opposed to the queen in the slide, which is standard in the 2910 (2 slides is standard). We have 1 slide in the living area and twin beds in the rear with a bedside table between. These twins are longer than the twins in the 2551.

PC is very willing and able to customize, if they are able. I initially wanted a unit with the front of the 2910 and the rear of the 2551 (bath across the back). The owner of Phoenix called us and said it could not be built as we wanted-it would be too long on the E450. So, we have a split bath in the middle-shower on one side and sink/head on the other.

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 12:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI given this subject matter.

The PC factory is selling a used 2006 model 2551 with 45,000 miles with an opening bid of $37,000. It also has a "Make An Offer" feature which implies they are open to lower offers. I don't think it has a whole house inverter. The previous owner did some custom things which you'll appreciate or oppose.

CLICK HERE to see it on ebay with many pictures.

Also an untampered 2008 (on a 2007 chassis) model 2350 with 34,000 miles, for $50,000 with a make-An-Offer. This one has the whole house inverter.

Click Here.

I would call the factory direct to get the details, and to work a deal that way. I wonder if you could get either rig for maybe $5000 less than these posted prices. It would surely be worth a try. Or maybe they'll cover all your travel expenses plus a small discount. You never know until you ask. Used rigs in general have more negotiating room.

* This post was edited 07/14/12 12:37pm by ron.dittmer *

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

alliemac9

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/12 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gerrym51 wrote:

I notice on floorplan that one bed is 68 inches and the other is 74. could you comment on this and you and your spouses heights if not to nosy.

I am 5'11" and my wife is 5 feet 6"

thanks

GerryM,
I'm 5'11" (husband is 6'5"). We have a 74" (rear corner) bed. I feel I "just fit" in 74" of length. This means I'm more cognizant of keeping my pillow at the very top of the bed and my head as high up toward the top of my pillow than I am at home (on our 84" long cal king bed). When I do this, I can lie flat/stretched out. If I point my toes I can certainly touch my head and feet at the same time. (Fortunately, I tend to sleep on my side with my knees bent, so I have enough room for a stretch if need be, but find myself perfectly comfortable in my preferred pose.)

Since I'm 71" tall, I think having a bed that is 3" longer than me is pretty much as close to "just fits" as you can get. So, I think you will "just fit" on the 74" side and I think your wife should really think about how she likes to sleep (i.e. stretched out, knees bent, etc.) as she may not feel she really fits. Either give it a good long test lie or set up some furniture at home to simulate 68" and see if she is comfortable there for a decent period of time. Maybe 1" won't make a difference relative to my "just fits" theory?

2007 Coachmen Freelander 2430DB + 2 people + 2 dogs

atreis

IN

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

longtom1951 wrote:

Merry,
Before you buy something, take a look at Nexus RV. We have owned one for a year now, and am very pleased.

Perhaps this is just a pet peeve. PC and Nexus don't list the number of belted seating positions, or belted-with-head-rest seating positions for any model, they only list sleeping capacity. (Many other manufacturers do this too - but that doesn't make it right.) Before you can sleep you have to get there...

Also, specific to Nexus: How can the 23P and 24P Class C models and the 24V B+ have the exact same sleeping capacity? They have very similar floorplans, but the 23P and 24P have a cabover bunk, so SHOULD have a higher sleeping capacity. Did they do something to make the dinette unusable as a sleeping location on the Class C models?

2009 Trail-Sport TS21RBH
2008 Toyota Sienna

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Phoenix Cruiser - Anyone Have One?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: