RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Phoenix Cruiser - Anyone Have One?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Phoenix Cruiser - Anyone Have One?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/12 08:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gerrym51 wrote:

RobertRyan wrote:

Merry wrote:

NewW, I'm not really sure of the point of your post? Unless it really was for 'entertainment purposes' only. The article you linked to shows that Mercedes had its best June ever, especially the Sprinter

Of the few Ford based Motorhomes that have been bought here as a Class C Motorhome base, they have failed dismally.

robert,

the thing that none of our overseas counterparts have ever understood.

diesel based c's are no big deal in other parts of the world because most vehicles are diesels and diesel is common and service is common.

in the USA it's the exact opposite. gasoline is the predominant for most vehicles. gas facilities and service common.

as long as that is a factor diesel c's will not be big in usa

I have now owned a diesel fueled RV for a year and a half. I have never found a problem finding fuel for it.....and I shop for cheap fuel prices. I dispatch with discounted fuel and try to plan for discounted fuel on the road. If I can't find that I pay retail which is easy. Not sure where you live or if you own a diesel fueled vehicle but it's a non event for me.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Merry

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/12 09:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we waited too long to decide...it's in someone else's driveway. It was a really great unit so I'm glad someone bought it. I guess if it was the right one for us, we would have snatched it up right. Thanks for all your comments, it gave me a lot to think about

Merry

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 06:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron thanks. I think the one on Ebay is a great deal, but too old for us. It will make someone a great rv though!
Mendon is only 400 miles and the owner sounds great! Love those old school guys. We are going to look at and test drive a few rvs tonight (not Phoenix Cruisers). I never thought choosing one would be so stressful lol! But it's a big decision. Thanks again for all the help.

burlmart

Baton Rouge

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 06:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Hey Merry,
This HERE just came up on Ebay. It has got to sell cheap.

It is the first PC-2350 so it will lack a whole lot compared to more recent model years
- no 5 sided rear cap with integrated tire and large rear storage compartment
- has a wet bathroom (toilet and sink are in the shower)
- no inverter
- no nice entry door system with hide-a-screen door
- no sani-con system
- no flat panel lcd TV or surround sound system
- no Corian countertops with flush-mount sink and stove
- has a funky flip-up counter by the stove that blocks drawers
- 2800 watt instead of a 4000 watt generator
- outdated interior

Most mentioned is superficial. The main issue I have is the rear wall has corner seamwork. The 5-sided rear cap was introduced for 2004. But given the low mileage and that it was kept covered, if any seamwork is breached, you can repair it before it becomes a problem.

The chassis has a V10 and will have rear drum brakes. If you buy it, make sure the rear drum brakes are adjusted properly. If the front brakes lock up on you and easily skid, then the rear drum brakes need adjustment.

Ron

What, in your opinion, would be a fair price on this rig...looks to be in good shape.

2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 09:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry, all that can be said is "It was a learning experience".

I don't know how close you are to Mendon, MA but if it isn't a rediculous drive, you might want to check out these never purchased long past model year Phoenix Cruisers at the dealer we bought our PC through. I think the 2007 and 2008 rigs may still hold some portion of the original PC and Ford warranties. Click Here To Go There. It never hurts to give Don Keller there a call. Don't let his posted prices deter you from calling him. He just might consider letting them go for a lot less.

Don was a great fellow to work with back in 2007. It was kind-of like working with a family member, like an uncle. Don must be in his 80's now. He is the owner and as far as I know, still works solo.

* This post was edited 07/17/12 09:41pm by ron.dittmer *

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/12 06:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Merry,

It is the first PC-2350 so it will lack a whole lot compared to more recent model years
- no inverter
- no sani-con system
- outdated interior

Most mentioned is superficial. The main issue I have is the rear wall has corner seamwork. The 5-sided rear cap was introduced for 2004. But given the low mileage and that it was kept covered, if any seamwork is breached, you can repair it before it becomes a problem.

The chassis has a V10 and will have rear drum brakes. If you buy it, make sure the rear drum brakes are adjusted properly. If the front brakes lock up on you and easily skid, then the rear drum brakes need adjustment.

burlmart

Baton Rouge

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

burlmart wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Hey Merry,

- no inverter
- no sani-con system
- outdated interior

Ron

What, in your opinion, would be a fair price on this rig...looks to be in good shape.

I can not locate a price on the ebay screen.

burlmart

Baton Rouge

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That all makes good sense, including the value range you stated.

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry,

Try to enjoy the research and your shopping experience. PC or other brand, be sure to get something that fits your needs and your budget perfectly.

I'll keep throwing PC's for sale in this thread as they pop up on ebay, but certainly not to convince you that a PC is the only brand to consider. So please don't misunderstand me. It's just that I do keep an eye on the PC market and try to help people who seek them out.

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/12 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a reserve that has not been met so we really don't know what the seller requires for a sale to take place. Hopefully the bidding process will eventually disclose that, but not always. Often the reserve won't get met.

As far as what the rig is worth, I have no clue.

If I were looking for an old PC like that one with low miles and in good condition, I'd feel comfortable spending $15-$20k but any more would become discomforting. Because of what is important to me, I would rather spend more on a newer model to get the features that one lacks. Many of those features is what I really like about my own 2007 model PC. Without them, it's just another generic motor home to me. It's a very personal thing, not meaning to put down that rig at all. If I saw that rig in 2007, I would have gotten very serious about it. But now I am spoiled if you know what I mean. PCs have gotten better since those days, now with much nicer features that help in the function and comfort in our RVing experience.

* This post was edited 07/18/12 12:49pm by ron.dittmer *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Phoenix Cruiser - Anyone Have One?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS