|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 14' Campers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

status48 wrote:

Have been looking at small 14'campers for a bedbug and germ free motel room on the road for DH and me. Don't want anything bigger because then I can't drive. Looking at Jayco Swift SLX, Ar-One and KZ Spree Escape. Anyone have one of these or have thoughts about them? Pros, cons that sort of stuff. Thanks

I just took a look at some pics of a 14 ft KZ Spree Escape as I've never really seen one more than a glance at the CG. ONe thing I notice in the interior pics is that the cabinetry and overall interior seems a bit less quality looking than the Swift, but it could be that particular model I viewed looking that way. I didn't do a side by side comparison so not sure how other features and options/weight etc stack up to one another. The difference in the quality of the countertops, walls, cabinets even cushions looks pretty huge...however, that may make the Swift cost a lot more, i have no idea since I have never priced them. It all depends on appearance and aesthetics is high on your priority list or not.

* This post was edited 07/14/12 09:14pm by JayWalker2009 *

status48

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/12 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Swift's cost is actualy on the low end of the 3 we looked at just $7999. The difference is 13" tires, no DSI, no cable hook up, low ground clearance and no tinted windows. But...it has a 2 year warranty. I still like it but DH likes the AR-ONE. As for quality I think Jayco is doing a decent job.

status48

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 06:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Swift, I sent you a private message.

lgarcia

West Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 09:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

swift1972 wrote:

Hi there- we just got back and we just love our little Swift! My husband is almost 6'4" and was able to close the bathroom door without hitting his knees! He loved the shower as did I! We didnt have any problems hauling it. Now our Swift is cable ready with a digital antenna- did you check out general rv? We have the smallest one they make and it was just perfect for my hubby and 3 doggies The a/c was really cold!!! Fridge worked great- I didnt realize how much storage this little camper has- when camping with the pop up- I had so much stuff in the Escape, we could barely fit the dogs in the back. Now I dont have to put anything in the car except the firewood! Its really nice not having to deal with a lift system and canvas. I would highly reccomend this model to anyone looking for a tiny camper. We got so many compliments on it too! From people with those big monster fifth wheels! Good luck with what ever one you purchase!

Hi Swift - That digital antenna was a plus during the power outage June/July where we camped in the side yard for a week. We live in a low lying area where it is normally hard to pick up stations. It picked up four digital channels including a weather channel that let us know about a second thunderstorm that arose quickly so we could take up the awning & bring in chairs. We don't even get that channel on our cable system.
You are right -the storage is great on these little models. We don't need to put anything in the truck, either, except the patio mat if it is wet when we leave the site.
We camped at North Bend State Park's new campground in June. We were the smallest rig and it looked kind of cute amidst the big trailers - kind of like a doll house trailer. But, we set up and tore down in no time compared to them, I noticed.

Laura, Rodney, and Elfie the Schnoodle
2012 Dutchmen 814RB; 2011 Dodge 1500 Hemi; 2012 Sun Dolphin Sportsman; 2003 Tracker Targa V-18

lgarcia

West Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/12 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JayWalker2009 wrote:

lgarcia wrote:

I bought a Dutchmen 814RB in May. Perfect for the two of us and a little dog. Mine is just like the one linked here http://www.dicksrv.com/rv/arkansaw+wi/du........aveltrailer/1075/dutchmen+dutchmen+814rb

I keep the dinette set up as a bed - 54" wide and 80" long. As I am only 60" long, the suitcase/duffle bag/foot locker (depending on the length of stay) goes at the foot of the bed.

We use wooden TV tray tables in front of the sofa if we are not eating outside and they are handy for other uses. I store them in the wardrobe.

I also bought a pop-up Coleman 4 man tent to use as an "outbuilding" to hold coolers, oxygen bottles for DH, and any items not necessary in the TT to keep down clutter and to leave room for an oxygen concentrator by the bed.

I am really happy with it. The big space in front of the kitchen was the clincher as my husband was having trouble moving around in many floor plans. It is tall enough for my husband to stand up and after camping in a popup as a kid, having an inside kitchen & inside bath/shower is a plus. It was the most practical trailer for us.

Nice looking little unit. Has all the things you need. I like that color scheme too. The new browns now are so much better looking than the ugly brown color schemes of the 80s. LOL

Thanks! There were three fabric options and I felt we got the nicest one. Chocolate brown is my go-to color scheme as it was hard to match the greens. I have solid color brown pillow cases from Big Lots and two solid color brown bedspreads from Kmart (one light fabric and one plush) all from the markdown bin and we are recycling some nice queen sheets that never fit our full bed in the house but tuck in nicely in the full xl bed of the TT. I put up two copper colored backsplash panels 18"x24" each from Home Depot behind the stove - had to cut down one a little bit - so the wallpaper won't get spotty from cooking.

Our wardrobe is short and the TV goes on top which frees up the kitchen counter. We sleep with our heads next to the kitchen counter as that is where the headboard is located and there is a ledge under the front window, so there is plenty of space for eyeglasses, Kleenex box, bpap machine, books etc. The AC is in the roof and I like that it blows towards both the front and the back of the TT.

The bathroom has that angled door which is hard for DH to close - so that is my cue to take the puppy out for a walk.

* This post was edited 07/15/12 08:40pm by lgarcia *

swift1972

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/12 08:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi there- we just got back and we just love our little Swift! My husband is almost 6'4" and was able to close the bathroom door without hitting his knees! He loved the shower as did I! We didnt have any problems hauling it. Now our Swift is cable ready with a digital antenna- did you check out general rv? We have the smallest one they make and it was just perfect for my hubby and 3 doggies The a/c was really cold!!! Fridge worked great- I didnt realize how much storage this little camper has- when camping with the pop up- I had so much stuff in the Escape, we could barely fit the dogs in the back. Now I dont have to put anything in the car except the firewood! Its really nice not having to deal with a lift system and canvas. I would highly reccomend this model to anyone looking for a tiny camper. We got so many compliments on it too! From people with those big monster fifth wheels! Good luck with what ever one you purchase!

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/12 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got back from a week in our Fun Finder -- about 12 feet -- see our blog links below for more info -- it might just fit the bill for you.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/12 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

taigarazz what type of Hot water heater do those have? Propane only or Dual propane/electric I could not find it on their website. They sure are nice looking. thanks.

nightwriter

novato

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/12 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Jayco Swift 184slx and couldn't be happier. Tows so easy. We've had it for 4 months and have pulled it all over the state. Sleeps three adults and 2 kids quite well. Very well made. I pull it with a 2006 Highlander Hybrid.

taigarazz

delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/12 12:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought a 13 foot Livin Lite trailer, the 13QBB. All aluminum, with queen bed. We tow with our Toyota Sienna minivan, and no problem with the Pennsylvania hills this past weekend!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 14' Campers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS