|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Wet front wheel bearings - Workhorse 22

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Park the coach on LEVEL area. Let it sit for 10 minutes so oil level stabilizes.

Verify that oil is to the FULL ring on the clear plastic outer cover. Not over or under.

Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
EX: 1993 Foretravel 36' U-240

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Daboo

Texas Panhandle USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 02:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wolfe10 wrote:

Park the coach on LEVEL area. Let it sit for 10 minutes so oil level stabilizes.

Verify that oil is to the FULL ring on the clear plastic outer cover. Not over or under.

there is no "full" mark on my bearing covers...it is a circle around the outside of the plastic...I called workhorse and was advised that they quit giving out tech info..I recently installed new covers///easy job..then I filled them to the bottom of the rubber plug...I have got so many answers to the question of what level the oil should be, that I plan on keeping the oil level at the bottom of the rubber plug...could not find any specs or instructions on the fill level....good motoring to you and yours

Served proudly 1957-1965..U.S. Air Force

Tom_Anderson

Concord, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 06:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daboo wrote:

wolfe10 wrote:

there is no "full" mark on my bearing covers...it is a circle around the outside of the plastic...I called workhorse and was advised that they quit giving out tech info..I recently installed new covers///easy job..then I filled them to the bottom of the rubber plug...I have got so many answers to the question of what level the oil should be, that I plan on keeping the oil level at the bottom of the rubber plug...could not find any specs or instructions on the fill level....good motoring to you and yours

If the oil is at the bottom of the plug, it's too full. It needs to be at the circle below the plug. Think of the circle as a line. It's only circular so that part of it will always be at the bottom, allowing you to check the oil level. It doesn't mean the oil level should be "inside" the circle.

Tom_Anderson

Concord, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/12 06:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

By the way, Workhorse doesn't make seals. So even the OEM seals are going to be "aftermarket". I wouldn't use a cheap, no-name seal, but a National, CR, or Stemco will be perfectly fine (talking about the inner seal here).

JackMS

Gulfport

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/12 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A turkey baster works great to get the oil to the right level. Just don't reuse it for the turkey.
Not sure what your cover seal is made of, but if it is thick rubber, make sure it is not over tightened. It should be even with the cap all around, not bulging out.

2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune 34pdd, Cummins ISB 300, Allison 2500MH, Onan 8.0QD
Toad-2001 Chevy 2500 CC 4WD
Toad-2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Aventa II

Daboo

Texas Panhandle USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/12 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

still there is no firm answers...so many different answers and no Workhorse to talk to..guess I will keep it where it is....good day and have a great one

Daboo

Texas Panhandle USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 10:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hate to beat a dead horse, butttttt, the circle around the cover.the circle is the "minimum level" according to the inprint on the cover...so that tells me that is as low as the level should be...I will it keep it just below the rubber plug..wish Workhorse was still alive, so I could talk to a rep...so many answers on this forum

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daboo wrote:

Hate to beat a dead horse, butttttt, the circle around the cover.the circle is the "minimum level" according to the inprint on the cover...so that tells me that is as low as the level should be...I will it keep it just below the rubber plug..wish Workhorse was still alive, so I could talk to a rep...so many answers on this forum

I assume that you don't like to use the Workhorse owner's manual, do you? It clearly says to add oil to bring it UP TO the level mark on the sight glass. It DOES NOT say fill it above the level mark. It DOES NOT say fill it up to the rubber plug. You can interpret things any way that you like but don't add words to what the Workhorse owner's manual clearly says.

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When buying a used coach the manual is not always there and sometimes impossible to replace. I ran into that with a couple of used vehicles.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2005 Ford Focus Automatic Station Wagon
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain

Daboo

Texas Panhandle USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 07:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Daboo wrote:

I assume that you don't like to use the Workhorse owner's manual, do you? It clearly says to add oil to bring it UP TO the level mark on the sight glass. It DOES NOT say fill it above the level mark. It DOES NOT say fill it up to the rubber plug. You can interpret things any way that you like but don't add words to what the Workhorse owner's manual clearly says.

I did read the manual and it says not to let the oil get below the minimum line around the cover...it doesn't say anything about a level mark, and there is no level mark on the sight glass...the mark on the cover is the minimum level..so many answers....soooooo

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Wet front wheel bearings - Workhorse 22
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS