|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Camp Fire in a Can

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
TugCE

Leesburg, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 08:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just found this product and it looks really neat. They say it can be used in areas that have a no fire burn in place. It is a little pricey ($280.00 approx at Tweetys) so before I jump the gun I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has any experience with this product.

Thanks, Be Safe and Enjoy Your Travels.

Tugs

I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

crimmps49

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 08:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cannot use it here in WI where there is a no-burn ban. NO open fires of anykind. Sure am going to miss the campfire when we all are sitting around at our reunion!

lasttruck

Chimacum, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shop around online for a better price.

07 F150
10 Chalet XL1935
Chalet Camping
Evergreen Coho Facebook Page

JiminDenver

Denver, Co

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 09:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can find videos of it and the cheaper Lil red campfire on utube.

We have a open flame ban here too but propane devices where a valve will shut down the flame are allowed if I understand it right. It is always best to call the ranger/ sheriff/ host for your area as their rules may differ.

2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2007/2003 Ford Expedition
720w solar with three Eco-worthy controllers.
345 ah bank.
Champion 3500/4000 w/ remote start.

All58Parks

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had one for a couple of years. When we first got it, the idea was that we would use it only when a wood fire wasn't permitted. It's actually worked out that we use it all the time. I think it's great with the kids, since we usually only spend 20 or 30 minutes by the fire, then they're off to other things. I've only had one place tell me that it wasn't allowed because of a burn ban, and they just didn't really understand the rules. The next time we were back there they had figured it out and said they were allowed. It was a tough night though, as several upset campers came by to ask why I could have a fire and they couldn't! They were all surprised when I told them it was propane, not wood.

I had an 20' extension hose made, so that I can hook it up to the TT without dismounting the tanks, and I didn't want to carry an extra tank just for the fire.

In summary, we love ours and wouldn't be without it. I bought mine on Amazon.

P.S.: I just realized, mine is a Little Red Campfire, not the Campfire in a Can brand.

2014 Wildcat Maxx 26bhs
2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew

The Texan

Winter - Wellton, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lasttruck wrote:

Shop around online for a better price.
Shop around for a "MUCH" better price. We paid under $225 for ours.

JiminDenver wrote:

You can find videos of it and the cheaper Lil red campfire on utube.
There is NO comparison between the 2. The Lil Red Campfire is not ½ the product, that the original Camp Fire in a Can is....

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

All58Parks

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"There is NO comparison between the 2. The Lil Red Campfire is not ½ the product, that the original Camp Fire in a Can is...."

What is the differenece? I looked at both when shopping for mine, and couldn't figure out much of a difference, except of course the price.

The Texan

Winter - Wellton, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All58Parks wrote:

"There is NO comparison between the 2. The Lil Red Campfire is not ½ the product, that the original Camp Fire in a Can is...."

What is the differenece? I looked at both when shopping for mine, and couldn't figure out much of a difference, except of course the price.
material quality, overall construction quality and btu output are the 3 big ones I saw......

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought one this year. We love it! It actually puts out heat.. The very BEST feature was the fact that after we purchased it from Amazon, I got an Email from the owner of the company. He said they had just started using Amazon and wanted to make sure people were getting the same quality service as if they had bought it directly from them. He stated if I had any problems or dislikes to contact them immediately and they would take care of it. We camped with another couple that had the little red one, and yes they are "cheaper" and I quess that one word sums it up. Campfire in a can is worth every penny I spent on it IMHO.

* This post was edited 07/18/12 11:30am by bob213 *

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

All58Parks

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 11:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texan wrote:

All58Parks wrote:

material quality, overall construction quality and btu output are the 3 big ones I saw......

Interesting. My Little Red Campfire has seen alot of use of the last few years, haven't had any quality issues at all. As far as BTU output, we only ever run it at about 20% capacity anyway. The low levels look like a nice, quiet campfire. The higher output level looks and sounds more like a jet afterburner. I guess I'm glad I bought the one that costs half as much!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Camp Fire in a Can
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS