RV.Net Open Roads Forum: How many catboxes fit in a 30' Motor Home?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> How many catboxes fit in a 30' Motor Home?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
TaterSr

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/12 10:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Question on the cats, especially the lady with 5 to 8.... How many catboxes do you bring? We have our first cats in 32 yrs of marriage & first indoor cats of my life. Growing up, we had in & out cats & no cat box. I read you need one catbox per cat so have had that in our house since we adopted these dear kitties but wonder in the motor home (picked up today brand new!) how we will fit 3 in & do you all have one per cat? They haven't been in it yet.... will introduce them in one at a time in a cat carrier. Let one out to sniff around as we're organizing things etc. Bring that one back in the house & another one later. They ARE known to fight. All 3 related & the grandson fights his mom & Gr'Ma. Have $40 antidepressant drops for his ears which do help but can't afford to keep that up with motorhome pymt now. And he hates them. Has to be put in a head lock to get it done. Thanks for any traveling cat advice.

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 11:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had some issues since re-integrating a cat that had gone to live with my parents back into my cat pack. I've found pheremone collars particularly helpful and also several products from this company: www.catfaeries.com

The ones I use are Household Harmony, Territorial Rescue and above all, Calm and Serene, as well as Love My Litter Box. I mix them all together and use them as one, so it isn't so expensive. It has made an enormous difference in my house.

I can't help you with litter box locations, but improved kitty harmony will make life in a small space easier.

* This post was edited 07/15/12 11:33am by Code2High *

susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

forty4san

Full Time, Some Place

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/12 02:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't really offer you an answer. We are full timers with 3 male cats, various ages and weights. And 2 female dogs ... My cats share one box, and one bowl for their dry food.

Susan I
2008 McKenzie Starwood 32 FKD TT
Hensley & Prodigy Brake Controller
03 Dodge 3500 Quad HO Diesel DRW 4:10
Fulltiming, On the road somewhere.

AnnorTom

Lake City, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/12 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 cats, 1 doberman. 1 (oversized plastic container) used as cat box. Clean box 2 x day. Happy traveling for 8 yr. nowin 30 ft. class A.

Ann & Tom
2006 National SeaBreeze
Ford F150
George and KitKat (our adopted cats)
Allie (our adopted Dobie)

Pawz4me

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/12 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The general advice is one box per cat plus one more. So three cats would have four boxes. BUT . . . that's the "best case/perfect world" scenario and doesn't necessarily need to be followed by every cat owner, or in such a limited space as an RV. Unless one or more of your cats has some known litterbox-related issue, then I'd just use one box but make sure it's scooped several times a day. You might also keep a container of inexpensive wet wipes nearby to clean off any stuck-on residue. That's an easy thing to do that really helps keep the box cleaner and minimize odor. The main thing you'll have to be alert for is litterbox guarding, where one cat won't let another have easy access to the box or one cat tries to ambush another while using the box.

Me and the DH
Two boys and two dogs (and two cats who prefer to stay home)
2008 Forest River Georgetown 350DS (bunkhouse model)
2001 Honda CR-V

joeprinter

Fayetteville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/12 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 cats one box, 36 ft MH 1 1/2 years all is well

"2012 Forest River 360 DS"
"Ford V-10"
"2013 Toyota Corolla on Tow Dolly"

TaterSr

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/12 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks folks! Yes, when I'm home I scoop every time I smell a poop. On work days, I do AM, PM, and bedtime. I bought some very expensive pheromones that plug into an elec outlet & a 2nd one you spray in the room but they seemed less helpful than the antidepressant (amitriptyline) in the ear. Like I said, our male fights (and he always looses, fat lip as proof). We looked into boarding mom & dau but it's 600.00/mo & can't afford that. Will start with one & bring back-ups.

TaterSr

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/12 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh,and I carry wipes on me at all times like the dad in 'Big Fat Greek Wedding' used windex on everything. I have a box of baby wipes in every room of the house & will one fore & aft in the RV. Great for spills, eating fruit, etc. Great idea.

Ohiojude

Greensburg PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/12 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello we have a 34' 5vr and have 3 male cats. We have always used one box no matter if we are in our stick home or the camper. I too clean in the morning and evening. So far so good I have been told we need a box for each. It works for us and the boys are happy. Good luck to you and whatever you decide.

05 Chevy 3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison, **traded in the lemon of the year-2012 Winnie Raven for 2014 BC 3596RE which is always loaded and ready

computerbug

Sarasota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/12 12:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a jump in litter box for 2 large male cats. The top has ridges that catch the kitty litter, we haven't had a problem yet

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> How many catboxes fit in a 30' Motor Home?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS