RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Lloyd Bridges Traveland, Chelsea, MI (RIP OFF ARTISTS)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Lloyd Bridges Traveland, Chelsea, MI (RIP OFF ARTISTS)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Spartymac

South Lyon, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 01:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know this is not an unusual topic in the RV industry these days, but I just wanted to share my experience with others in hopes it will help future RVers from getting ripped off. First I am buying a new Georgetown XL350 MH. I met the salesman a week ago last saturday and asked for a quotation. He knew very little about the MH or any MH that his dealer carries. This is not surprising, most sales people know very little about what they sell. Went several rounds of emails with this guy and finally he quoted a price that was acceptable to win my business. Then as we were driving to the dealership, he called to tell me he "forgot" the most expensive option in the price and the MH would be nearly $6,000 more. I asked to have the owner (Jerry Bridge) call me to discuss this error and honor the original deal. I've never received a call from him. I did get a call this morning from the salesman stating the new price would only be about $3,000 more that originally quoted instead of $6,000. I told him I'm still waiting for Jerry to call.
I think these guys are crooks. They have a rating of F at the Better Business Bureau for a reason. They don't care about customers or doing business legally. I talked to the Michigan Attorney General's office and been told they are on the radar. This was a classic "Bait and Switch" and is illegal.

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/12 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if they have a BBB grade of 'F' then why did you even open a dialogue with them. out of curiosity did you determine what the extra $6K was for? don't hold your breath waiting for that phone call.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 03:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you live in South Lyon the closest dealer would be General RV on Grand River. Have you talked with them yet? Perhaps they don't have that brand? But maybe one of the siblings? They can be spotty also, but are a much bigger company. I've always been able to get a fair deal from them.

OEM Auto Engineer
2003 Damon Challenger 348 Class A - F53 Triton V10
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 Toad

mpfireman

Cook County Il

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 02:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That F rating was your FIRST clue. You really should not have gone any further...that F stands for buyer beware.

1998.5 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins
1998 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/12 02:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spartymac wrote:

They are the closest dealer to my home.....next closest is 3 hours away. I found their BBB rating after the deal went south. I don't expect to here from the owner.

ahh! consider yourself lucky and move on to Plan B.

Spartymac

South Lyon, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are the closest dealer to my home.....next closest is 3 hours away. I found their BBB rating after the deal went south. I don't expect to here from the owner.

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 04:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well you learned a valuable lesson and it didn't cost you anything.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Spartymac

South Lyon, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

General RV doesn't sell Georgetown MHs. They are the ones that told me to go to Lloyd Bridges. I got a quote from Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids, but they are $3,000 higher than RV Direct. So I think I'll be going there for my purchase. I don't see very many bad reviews and according to the BBB, they have an A- rating.

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/12 04:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our Montana years ago from Lloyd Bridges. We where not impressed with them. Their service department was pretty bad. Our camper was actually broken into on their lot while there three weeks for service.

We did purchase our next fiver at Terrytown in Grand Rapids. That experience went well.

* This post was edited 07/16/12 05:44pm by et2 *

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/12 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be glad you didn't sign any contracts with them. Worst case, there is always RV Direct, or taking a road trip to someone who will be able to sell you what you want at a good price.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Lloyd Bridges Traveland, Chelsea, MI (RIP OFF ARTISTS)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS