RV.Net Open Roads Forum: making a bed in the back?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> making a bed in the back?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
fishingforfun

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 05:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,
We just purchased our first Class B ! its a used pleasure way excel TD
Our question is, we want to convert the twin beds in the back to a large bed.

Has anyone did this with the pleasure way excel TD model? if so, any suggestions or ideas will be great. we are true newbies, LOL.

Thanks in advance
Pam and Mike

Ohio fishing for fun
Mike & Pam
99 PW Excel TD

lampooner

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know I have seen this for sale, but could not find with a quick Google search. It was an air mattress thing made to fit between two twin beds and fill in thw space making one big bed.

Try searching using terms like air mattress, twin bed, between, RV, boat, marine, etc.. I just can not remember where I saw it.

Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

scarpi

Phoenix

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an 09 PW Excel TD. If you look in the owners manual (pg 36 in mine), there are instructions to convert the twin beds to a single bed. Your PW should have come with two support boards that are stored under the passenger side single bed. Lift the passenger side bed and remove the two support boards, Place the boards on the rails between the two beds, place the side backrest cushions between the passenger side and drivers side beds and you have a large single bed!

fishingforfun

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone, Mine is a 2000 and it didnt come with a manual LOL, but your suggestions sound good to me.

we cant wait to get our PW out with our jon boat and do some fishing and camping!

Handbasket

Asheville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if PW does this, but Roadtrek is their closest competitor, and does... check the PW website and see if they have your model's owner's manual online.

Jim, "Working hard to create new and exotic fragrances."

'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

charles

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just received a PDF file owner's manual from PW for my 95 SRL yesterday. Send them a note and you'll receive the manual in a day or two, no cost.

Nick

2012 Pleasure-way Excel TS

Escargot

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 02:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fishingforfun wrote:

Hello,
We just purchased our first Class B ! its a used pleasure way excel TD
Our question is, we want to convert the twin beds in the back to a large bed.
Has anyone did this with the pleasure way excel TD model? if so, any suggestions or ideas will be great. we are true newbies, LOL.
Thanks in advance
Pam and Mike

Congratulations on your PW!

I have a 2003 PW Excel TD.
On my unit, to transform the twin beds into a "king" size bed, I remove the center drawer unit, just slide it toward the back and upward to disengage it from its "stay". The fixed base of the drawer unit becomes part of the bed platform at that point. I store the drawer unit between the driver and passenger seats to keep it accessible but out of the way.

There are wooden slats stored under one of the couch cushions. They are used to span the aisle between the two couches and provide support for the couch back bolster cushions, which are placed upon the slat supports to fill in the gap between the two couches.

PS: You'll probably want to use an extra thick mattress pad, foam, or memory foam topper on the bed, otherwise the cushions alone may be a bit uncomfortable.

Hope this helps.

* This post was edited 07/17/12 02:43pm by Escargot *

2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

dicknellen

Fallon Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

on our 2001 TD there are 4 boards to make into what I call a small king. Get the owners manual it shows how to do this plus it has a lot of other good info. Much better than a lot of other owners manuals. Two boards are stored under each twin, need to lift up to get to them in mine.

dinfog908

Prestbury

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/12 12:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are wooden slats stored under one of the couch cushions. They are used to span the aisle between the two couches and provide support for the couch back bolster cushions, which are placed upon the slat supports to fill in the gap between the two couches.

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/12 04:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2004 PW TD and thought we would probably leave the "king" size bed up a lot of the time, but don't. That's because we then lose the use of the nightstand and the drawers under the bed. Just try crawling around down there to find clean underwear. Well, it might depend on your age a bit. Also, during the day we'd have to sit in passenger and driver's seat to eat. Yes, we absolutely needed to get a good memory foam topper as the cushions that came with our unit are slab foam made more for seating than sleeping.

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> making a bed in the back?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS