|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> TT - Outdoor Mat

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/12 04:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bakerkids wrote:

I'm astonished as to how easy it is to keep those plastic mats clean and dry. They're wonderful.

A small, local, RV dealer has some in that I really like. Instead of rolling, they fold.

This is what we have. It came w/ a nice bag to keep it in. If you put it away wet, it will mildew so we usually will try to set it out to dry when we get home to avoid that. They are pretty easy to wash also.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold after 3 1/2 yrs and 76 nights camped in it!

RoadKings2

Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/12 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have one of the long woven polypropylene mats that we just love! It is one of the longer ones, maybe 20 foot long. It fits in a green army duffle bag just perfect, easy to roll and put in and easy to carry. It also is thick so helps to keep dirt in till we get home to clean it off.

Scrapz

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/12 08:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I fought the outdoor mat for years. Don't really need it, too heavy to handle, takes up til much room. But I bought one of the woven reversible mats at Walmart in the RV section. Love it!

Kathy

resmas

temporarily displaced Alaskan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/12 02:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

APT wrote:

Oh, slip on sandals are the footwear of choice (flip flops, crocks, etc), which makes this rule easier to follow.

That's what my kids usually wear, too. But have you seen how nasty their feet get in them? Holy cow! Maybe it is because 2 of mine are boys, and are always looking for the dirtiest places to play.... I not only have to have the "remove your shoes" rule (which applies to the S&B, too) but I also have to have the "wash your feet before you come in" rule.

I've resorted to making them wear socks and rain boots, no matter if it is sunny and 100*. But I still often have to dump dirt, or water, or shavings (from the horse stalls) out of the boots, but the socks usually save the feet!

2012 Dutchmen Voltage Epic 3795
2010 Dodge 3500 DRW MC
2009 GMC 2500 DA CC
2012 Smart-for-two (sometimes hitches a ride in the Voltage!)
2005 Sundowner Sunlite 777

APT

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/12 12:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

9x20' RV patio mat. Water, dirt, sand, etc all drain. Came with a carrying/storage bag. I'm going to buy another one to put under the screen tent/picnic table!

Rule #1 in our TT, no shoes inside. Really helps keep the keep the dirt out of the TT, especially the beds as kids crawl all over. So a mat allows us to put take them off outside, walk around a bit under the awning without shoes. A 2nd matt to extend from that one to picnic table will be that much better! Oh, slip on sandals are the footwear of choice (flip flops, crocks, etc), which makes this rule easier to follow.

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2012 VW Passat TDI

Cedarhill

Deep South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/12 07:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought one of these when it was on sale (click link). We have been very pleased so far. It greatly reduces the dirt tracked inside and makes for a nice sitting area. It is easy to clean with a hose and dries almost immediately.

Camping World mat

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> TT - Outdoor Mat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS