|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
kmbernstein

Colorful Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/12 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like to get them small to medium in size. I wash them, chop into small pieces, along with onions, green peppers, yelow squash, any kinds of veggies that are at the farmers market...even carrots, and saute them. I add to browned italian sausage, mix. Add marinara sauce, italian seasoning, garlic, whatever spices you like, fresh or dried. Simmer. The last 30 minutes, add chopped fresh tomatoes. Last 10 minutes, add sliced mushrooms. It can be served alone with toasted italian or french bread, or served over pasta. It can be frozen for use later. A family favorite!!

Me, 1 Great hubby (Tim), Cole the Standard Poodle,
Magic the tiny Bengal Cat
2012 Skyline Koala 21CS
2007 Ford Explorer

Cruzette

Santa Cruz, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow!!!!! What great recipes! Yup, zucchini is easy to grow and we love that fact and our neighbors and friends are glad we grow it!

Thanks Slimdrum for the chocolate cake recipe link. I will try this soon. And thanks Dunks for your recipe. I tink I might try this too.

We currently have some voles wrecking havoc in our neighborhood. They have gotten a couple of my flowers and a new squash plant we tried this year, called a papaya pear squash. I sprayed a pet friendly rodent deterent yesterday. I am against any poisons. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of these pesky rodents?

I sure hope these voles don't take out my zucchini plant!

It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"

Ohiojude

Westmoreland County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/22/12 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tomato Zucchini Casserole

1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
3/4 cup fine bread crumbs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9x9-inch pan.

In a large bowl, combine Cheddar, Parmesan, oregano, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.

Arrange half of the zucchini slices in the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese and herb mixture on top. Arrange half of the tomatoes, and top with another 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.

Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and cook until soft and translucent. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook until they have absorbed the butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.

Cover loosely with foil, and bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake until the top is crusty and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Add crusty bread we are good to go.

I also make pans of it when tomatoes are ready, cover with foil and stick in the freezer. In the winter I take one out and stick in oven 350 till done about hour to hour and half.

2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ diesel dually, Curt Q20 Hitch
**traded in-the lemon- 2012 Winnie Raven 5th Wheel**
for a marvelous-2014 Big Country 3596RE
Traveling with 3 wonderful Feline Furboys Milo, Mason and Mozart

lasparrot

outside Ottawa, Canada's Capital

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/12 05:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We eat tons of (small) zucc all year round. I just slice them lengthwise, I may or may not brush them will a little olive oil (a teeny tiny amount), and grill them on the bbq. Add some grilled mushrooms (marinated in lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic) and Indian flavoured lentils and we have a healthy, delicious, fat-free meal! We love them just "naked", with maybe a bit of salt.

Laura and Carm traveling with 3 dogs & 1 African Grey Congo parrot 2010Titanium 30e35sa 5th wheel - love it!
Blog: pursuitofidlepleasures

Doc Eagle

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/22/12 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great recipes, I like them cut in 1/4" thick slices along with some summer squash cut the same. Steam the till just soft. Little butter, salt and pepper. Good and fairly healthy.

1993 Fleetwood Flair 22D "Cat One"

USN(RET)
Fire Captain(Career)
Fire LT(Volunteer)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: