|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
navymom154

New Hampshire

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/12 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where can I get new decals for our 2003 Palomino S-21SL Hybrid?
Thanks in advance......

Oasisbob

Portland Oregon 97266

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/12 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To my knowledge decals are one of the few items actually specific to the manufacturer. When mine go bad I plan on replacing them with something of my own choosing. Custom decals are readily avainable on line. Do you really want to advertixe for the manufacturer? If so contact a dealer. Best of luck.

Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife & 4 Really Fun kids
2008 KIA Sedona 3.8L 24 valve V-6
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/12 10:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These 2 ladies have been doing vinyl Graphics since 1967....and for big names like Fleetwood, Jayco, Forest River, Keystone, Damon, Dutchmen, TAB,, Palomino, Northstar, KZ, New Vision, etc. They keep the patterns in stock, and can change or customize the graphics to suit you.

Valley Screen...

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/12 10:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

These 2 ladies have been doing vinyl Graphics since 1967....and for big names like Fleetwood, Jayco, Forest River, Keystone, Damon, Dutchmen, TAB,, Palomino, Northstar, KZ, New Vision, etc. They keep the patterns in stock, and can change or customize the graphics to suit you.

Valley Screen...

Nice find, FSD!!!

Dan- Firefighter, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP), 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS, 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/12 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you could try ordering through a Palomino dealer or call their parts dept.
but i doubt they still would have decals for a 10 year-old hybrid.

most have a decal shop match and make, what's on their rig.

nole_trainer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/12 06:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should be able to find any local graphic/sign shop to do this. I ordered my HTT without thinking I was going to add custom graphics, then got a price of $600+ and we decided we liked the "taco truck" look. Now I find it's pretty cool to have zero graphics.....

Chuck_S

Broadview Hts, OH, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/12 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I re-lettered one of my boats and had a heck of a time because the finish under the graphics/lettering was unfaded compared to the rest of the hull. I was able to completely buff it all back to original finish gel coat, but is was a lot of work. I was renaming the boat so removing the old name was not an option.

In this specific instance my bet is mail-order "decals" ain't gonna work at all unless they can be cut on site because they need to exactly match the old ones.

Paint, however, can easily match the fade lines. Professional painting of the graphics may cost a bundle due to the labor involved, especially in masking. An amateur job can run the quality range depending on you much time you spend on surface preparation and masking.

How involved are these graphics?

-- Chuck

'06 Roo 23SS behind '07 Expedition out of Cleveland
Our Photo pages

dadmomh

Jackson, TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/12 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I called the FR facililty in Millersburg just last week to check price and availability on the rear bunk decal for our '07 ROO 23SS. As I described it to the parts person, she indicated that our navy lettering with the ROO on skates was probably an '06 decal - the '07 was burgundy. She needed the last 8 #s of our VIN, which I couldn't give her since we were on I-40 at the time. I asked her for a ballpark price and she indicated it would be in the $50 range. The rear bunkend is the only part of our ROO that gets full sun and we're getting some curling around the edges and it's getting brittle on those edges. We can probably get our original decal to last another couple of years without looking awful, but we plan to go ahead and order it to keep tucked into a closet until that time. I will send her a picture to be sure we're talking about the same design. We don't plan to replace the 23SS and this is the only decal issue we have. It's well worth the $50 or so for it to still look new.

Chuck is absolutely right about changing decals and the color changes of the siding. We did the same thing on our boat and if you looked closely, you could see the faint shadow of the old lettering even after several years. My cousin and DH replaced all of the trim on their '02 KZ with some more generic striping, and he had the same issues plus he mentioned several times that it was a HUGE PITA to get all the old ones off - a hair dryer and picking off one sliver at a time for several days.

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604
2003 Ford F-150 with Blue Ox 1000
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Foxy is our new camping buddy.
Our rescued sisters, Biscuit and Lily, are now 9 mo old!
Support responsibility....Spay/Neuter!

drenjoey

Gray, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/12 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oasisbob wrote:

To my knowledge decals are one of the few items actually specific to the manufacturer. When mine go bad I plan on replacing them with something of my own choosing. Custom decals are readily avainable on line. Do you really want to advertixe for the manufacturer? If so contact a dealer. Best of luck.

Don't forget when you decide to change your decals and go for something of your own, the paint may have faded on your HTT and will only be noticed once the old decals are off.

shar3890

Pottstown, Pa

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/12 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We found replacement decals on ebay. They also had a large selection of non original decals that you can personalize your RV to your personal taste. They were very affordable and very easy to apply.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS