|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> help! stranded at park

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mrbunzo

Brown Side of Washington state

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 07:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just as an outside viewer, it dosn't make me feel to encouraged about the corporation, when the SUPREME BOSS steps in and the script dosn't change:

Somebody? didn't follow up, Somebody didn't return your call, Somebody did't order the part; the excuses don't change and the outcome is the same. With such a small customer base as RVs, this is not a good business plan, we already know that good CW stores exist, but the poor stores tar them all with the same brush.

Have we not seen many other post like this ?

I feel for the management, at all levels, to be embarresed by thier workers in such a way. I would worry about my future employement if I were in their shoes.

emzee

california

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 09:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

when management is just as bad it makes for one hand not knowing what the other is doing, poor business practices all round.

I am sure glad you are home too!!! Thanks for all the updates.

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RayChez wrote:

Before everybody starts to criticize the CEO of CW and its employees, why don't we just take a step back and wait to see what the problem is with that coach. It might be something that is hard to find. Maybe the vendor that manufactures the part in question is the one that has not stepped forward with its product.

X2

Show me the GRILL and STAND BACK!!!!

RayChez

Barstow, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 11:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before everybody starts to criticize the CEO of CW and its employees, why don't we just take a step back and wait to see what the problem is with that coach. It might be something that is hard to find. Maybe the vendor that manufactures the part in question is the one that has not stepped forward with its product.

2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2013 Honda CR-V EX
Aventa II
FMCA member

yoquedo

Houston.,TX USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well it looks like this excruciating ordeal may finally come to a close tomorrow night. We shall see when I pick up the MH! I am told that the long awaited part (that was just ordered a couple days ago) "DID" in fact correct the 12 volt problem! This $55.00 part has caused way too much grief and has kept us from enjoying our new 2012 MH that we have only used one other time since July 21 !! So unless you want to sit in a miserably hot Texas State Park for 2 days without ANY power (no a/c and no lights!) I would strongly advise everyone to have a spare backup on hand before their next outing!
I'm not going to comment any more on the handling of my MH repair other than it took way too long in getting the part ordered, because the shop diagnoses was determined rather quickly once I dropped it off on July 23rd. Obviously..... Somewhere the ball was dropped; although I'm not being told exactly what happened! But I will say once the GM - Erik Olsen found out about all my issues, things finally went into action! In short.. I do believe Erik will get this CW location under control! From what I have been told,he has already made great strides since he has been there.

The part is Intellitec Battery Disconnect Solenoid # 01-00055-002.
It's even on Google.... Imagine that !

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 11:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Management can try to pass the buck down. However it is managements responsibility to address the issue and take corrective action.
Inability for a "technician" to diagnose a problem is a management problem due to lack of training for the employee.
Yes, it is difficult to say exactly where the problem lies. CW local management must take responsibility. Failure to order the correct part from best available source is a CW headquarters problem.
It will be an even greater issue if the "correct" part arrives and it doesn't fix the OP's problem.

Bud
USAF Retired
Suzuki XL7 pushing Pace Arrow

vance

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you/they know why the disconnect failed. Recently I posted here on the forum where I had two failures on the same part as you had your failure. My MH came from the factory with the disconnect switch improperly installed. I found that the disconnect must be installed properly or it will fail. Your disconnect switch must be installed with the plastic end up. There is a magnetic pin under the plastic cover that must hang down for the disconnect to function properly.
Good luck.

vance
2007 Coachman Encore
330 HP Mercedes
Honda CRV toad
"If you see our children, PLEASE don't tell them where we are"

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a standard off the shelf relay at most RV stores that deal with Northwest Trailer Parts(19-0845) or Stag Parkway BR100(55-9122)
Adventure RV
Keep the old one. I took my old one apart and fixed the corroded control connections and carry it as a spare.

CT_WANDERER

E. Lyme, CT

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am glad to hear that you should be on your way. Enjoy your MH

Gary
CT_Wanderer

VinCee

Western NY State

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 07:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! finally a resolution to the problem and the opportunity Now to go camping!! Enjoy the rig to the fullest, knock on wood this will be your only problem, many many happy, safe and a adventurous miles of RV'ing!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> help! stranded at park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS