|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Campers Beware

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes when we make a contract with someone else (in this case the RV park) it becomes impossible for us not to honor that contract. That doesn't mean that the contract doesn't still exist so there can be COSTS associated with breaking the contract. If you had an emergency then you obviously made the correct decision NOT to stay for the time you agreed to stay but that doesn't mean you don't still own the money. Some RV Park owners may well refund your money but there are under no obligation to do so and they can demand that you honor your contract with them, just as YOU can force them to honor it. They might find someone who is willing to pay double for the site you reserved but they still have an obligation to honor their contract and hold it for you. It DOES cut both directions.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 10:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

Like others here I don't see why an emergency on your part should cost them money. It's sad that this happens but it does. Its kind of like going in a resturant, ordering a big meal and having to leave before you finish desert. Should the resturant just write it off because you didn't finish what you asked for?

Okay, if I have to leave early and the CG doesn't refund, should they be allowed to rent the space I paid for and I am legally entitled to use. I do not remember where or when but in the back of my mind I remember someone sueing for a refund because a business rented to them and they had to leave and then the business rerented to someone else.

We have made reservations and for some reason not been able to use our site, I don't really expect a refund but if it is rented and the CG doesn't lose any money by my cancellation why not refund all but a legitimate service fee?

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
1990 Bounder 27D
06 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4
Stowmaster 5000
Blue Ox Apollo Brake Sys.(missing after break in, shopping for new one)

Jack_Diane_Freedom

Milton Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sueing for a refund seems a bit costly to recover the cost of an RV fee. If you rent an apartment on a month by month and move out mid month does the landlord owe you half a months rent because you unilaterally altered the contract. Same with RV park rental. Sorry for your emergency experience and hope all turned out well with your situation.

Tom N

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campers Beware!???????????

Online Guest Guide #18 "No refunds given for early departure."

http://issuu.com/online_guest_guides/docs/williston_crossings/3

I don't like to see un-true negative reports about campgrounds.

-Tom

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

rr2254545

MN, current Ca North Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This policy might be because of abuse, a common reason to leave early would be "family emergency" even for those would did not like the rain forcast for the future.

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
158 Campgrounds since we retired in 2009

JRS & B

Florida/Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sbishop - Your logic only holds up if the campground has 100% occupancy.

If I am on site #62 and I leave, and a new camper comes along and rents site #61, I would get no refund.

But if that same camper just happens to rent site #62 I would get a refund???

I don't think so. Camp sites are interchangeable, like renting a power washer or a post hole digger.

Camper8251

Skagit Valley, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 10:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you look at their website it clearly states....

No refund for early departure. Hardship cases will be considered with documentation.

It is consumers responsibility to be aware of all policies...
They should not have to suffer because you had an emergency....They are a business and there to make money

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
2008 Arctic Fox 811
Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

steelpony5555

Copperas Cove Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 10:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most places I have been have this same policy. Some will refund either all or a portion of your money if you cancel more then 24 hrs in advance, and some will refund money if they are able to rent it out for the time you left. But it is up to the owner and is his right to make the rules. We just have to follow the rules.

06 Montana 3000RK
10 Dodge 3500 Dually Laramie 6.7 Diesel
07 Pearl White Ultra Classic (My new Baby)
10 Cadillac CTS
Texas Boomers---Stop by for a Margie some time!

jdkd123

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 11:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The first time I had to cancel a reservation (3 nights), the written policy was "no refunds". I called, explained my situation, and the owner gave me a 3 night credit for later in the year. Partly because of that kind gesture, I go back to that place every year. It just might pay for some to rethink refund policies and look at the long term ranifications.

JDKD123
2005 Coachmen CONCORD

GO SOX!

100ton

Huntington Beach, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdkd123 wrote:

The first time I had to cancel a reservation (3 nights), the written policy was "no refunds". I called, explained my situation, and the owner gave me a 3 night credit for later in the year. Partly because of that kind gesture, I go back to that place every year. It just might pay for some to rethink refund policies and look at the long term ranifications.

Bingo!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Campers Beware
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS