RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Cutting through campsites - how would you do it? (long)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Cutting through campsites - how would you do it? (long)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

daveshan wrote:

I'd go through unused sites or walk around. If I had a huge load I'd drive.

I'm not to the point of putting "caution tape" around my site but IMO when folks are crammed into such close proximity respecting others sites is important.

X2. the ONLY sites that i EVER walk thru are those which are empty (as in not being rented) and that have at least one other empty site next to it. in your case i would probably have driven since we do laundry roughly every 10-days.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

TGarrett

TN/SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like time to make friends with some of the neighbors and ask nicely.

Garrett
2004 Fleetwood Expedition 38N
Full Timer

Toad(still to be setup) 2011 Jeep Rubicon
2nd (to be put on double trailer with 1st when moving) 2008 Honda S2000

Homer

Northeast Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would drive my toad to the laundry. I would not walk through some one else's site. I respect his property rights, I expect the same. Another camper observes you cutting through, even though you may have permission from the site renter, that guy does not know that and may assume this is accepted in general practice. Now you have created a problem.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walk around, drive, or cut through unused sites. I don't go through other sites unless invited.

shenandoahvalley

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 10:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skipnchar wrote:

I've NEVER felt threatened by anyone walking through my site since I am only RENTING the site for a short term. I will NOT be held responsible for damage to the grass from walking on it or any other damage those passing through might do so it's really a non issue for me. Hard to imagine getting so "territorial" over a small piece of land you are renting

I don't ever feel threatened by people parading through but I really get annoyed by it. Where I am hosting now I get a lot of folks who walk through any old time they feel like it. Last evening I was sitting outside with my dog talking to the next door neighbor. We were about ten feet from my TT on my site and two people came up the road and cut through between me and the TT. When my dog barked one of the people gave me a kinda dirty look like why was my dog barking at them...duh, you are in his "yard". Idiots abound.

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 10:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

daveshan wrote:

I'd go through unused sites or walk around. If I had a huge load I'd drive.

I'm not to the point of putting "caution tape" around my site but IMO when folks are crammed into such close proximity respecting others sites is important.

Ditto. I would ONLY cut thru if the site was empty. I don't mind a good walk even if there were none empty and I had to go around. My beach cart doubles as a laundry cart at the CG so I'd just put the laundry in that and walk around ...

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 11:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actualy, my wife and I are prone to cutting thru camp sites on a regular basis in order to reach the bathrooms or trash area without having to waste time going around someone elses campsite.

We feel that if we pay to stay at a campground, this gives us a right and a license to use the ENTIRE facility...not just one site.

And shortest way to a destination is after all a straight line!

The key is to wear the proper clothing...so we keep several sets of what we refer to as "short-cut clothing" or "The Village People Look!".

1) Park Ranger- My favorite! Nobody questions a Ranger cutting thru!

2) Construction Worker- Women especially like this one!

3) Shepherd looking for his flock. Throw in An Old English Sheepdog for even more authenticity!

4) Bear- Even the dogs leave you alone!

Warning about the bear costume! I still have a black and blue mark on my butt from a game warden's tranquilizer dart...

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

rrupert

NW PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 11:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I see young children passing through I figure that they don't know any better, but when Mom and Dad are walking right behind I then understand. "Please" and "Thank You" are not required subjects in school, it is supposed to come from home.

Rich and Joyce
2010 HiLo 2310H
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see kids do it all the time. I did it once and asked permission. I was having a case of angina and needed to get back to the TT fast.

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 11:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now someone hooking up to your water spigot is another matter. Where we go to alot here in VA has the electric sites mixed in with the tent camping sites. Sooner or later someone will tap your spigot with a water hose haha... Then when you start walking to see where the water hose goes you will start finding tees going everywhere hehe... I just go back to my easy chair after seeing that.

Almost every tent out there is running from your water spigot haha...
Doesn't really bother me all that much but they could have asked first maybe...
This is probably why I always have a couple of water tees in my RV TOOL BOX...

The same goes for the 20AMP circuit as well but I usually use that one too for my outside hookups...

I used to be a tent camper too back in the day....

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Cutting through campsites - how would you do it? (long)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS