|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Assembly Bill 1595: CA law change affecting OHV riders

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TxTiger

North Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/12 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a problem with this too. I wear complete gear; helmet, jacket, pants, gloves and boots. But I choose to wear them because it keeps me safer in case of an accident. It's my choice (at least in TX). I'm even thinking about buying a motosafer vest (body air bag). I just think it is not government's place to enact these types of laws. If they could just stick to the basics and quit looking for stuff to regulate and control. More laws, more regulations equal more government agencies, employees and costs to us.

Local governments need to provide basic services, police, fire, schools, sewer/water, etc. Feds need to secure the borders and protect the country. I don't how stuff got so out of hand. The size and scope of local, state and federal governments has gotten ridculous.

2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
KZ 27TH Toy Hauler, 5,700 lb dry weight/8,000 lb GVW.

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/12 01:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y-Guy wrote:

Cal folks, I'm a bit surprised this happened under the radar it seems. Did this pass under the CORVA radar?

I don't think they knew about it either, will ask Jim Woods next time I talk to him, which should be Thursday. It seems as if this was all pretty quietly done. One thing mentioned last night was that the SXS guys were getting hammered with legal threats, etc. and this was one way to stave off being shut down. Not sure how all that comes together/interrelates.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
'06 3005 Rage'n Falcon

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/12 04:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks nayther, concerned me since your group seems pretty well organized so I wondered if this had flown under the radar.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/12 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL Dave not at all. Actually what really concerned me is how effective the CA off road community has been at fighting things, I figured it's not a good sign for other states if things like this slip through as well organized as those groups have been.

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/12 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y-Guy wrote:

Thanks nayther, concerned me since your group seems pretty well organized so I wondered if this had flown under the radar.

I think what Y-Guy is trying to say, is that if this thing tanks, we need someone (*nayther*) to blame.

2004.5 Dodge 2500 Diesel • 2005 Weekend Warrior FS2600 • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Yamaha TT-R90E
The Edmistons - Our Gallery

Never forget 9-11-01 Check out our blogs @ blog.rv.net

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/12 09:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not too active in things not two wheel oriented, maybe Pirate 4x4 would know more. Another source I'll check with is real big in the SXS world and former owner/promoter of Hammer King. Should know more by Friday.

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Dave! JK

fly-boy

Los Angeles, CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/12 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Government Creep is exactly what this is!

First they will legislate all of the fun out of our sport under the guise of safety. When enough people get tired of the BS and stop going or move to another state, the state will simply close access to the areas we love.

In CA you have to wear a helmet and cant get a license plate for a sxs. In AZ you don't need a helmet, can load a rhino up with four people, and drive it down the road!

CA just doesn't get it- I have completely given up on the state!

But look on the bright side. We are going to have a really fast train between Bakersfield and Fresno!

2012 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax 4x4
2009 WW HKD with a big garage
A few toys

ljbsvt

THE OC Baby

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/12 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

that train will solve a lot of our problems....
classic sacramento, got their finger on the pulse...

2011 F-250 6.7 Lariet CC/SB Loaded
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2007 Gearbox 295FS
Pullrite Superglide
2004 KTM 525 MXC - Mine
2006 Polaris Preditor 500 - Her's
2007 Raptor 700R - Mine
2008 Rhino - ours
Member ASA, CORVA

coribdx

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/12 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fly-boy wrote:

Government Creep is exactly what this is!

First they will legislate all of the fun out of our sport under the guise of safety. When enough people get tired of the BS and stop going or move to another state, the state will simply close access to the areas we love.

In CA you have to wear a helmet and cant get a license plate for a sxs. In AZ you don't need a helmet, can load a rhino up with four people, and drive it down the road!

CA just doesn't get it- I have completely given up on the state!

But look on the bright side. We are going to have a really fast train between Bakersfield and Fresno!

Because everyone wants to go to Fresno..

CarlT100

Wellborn, FL

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/12 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TxTiger wrote:

I have a problem with this too. I wear complete gear; helmet, jacket, pants, gloves and boots. But I choose to wear them because it keeps me safer in case of an accident. It's my choice (at least in TX). I'm even thinking about buying a motosafer vest (body air bag). I just think it is not government's place to enact these types of laws. If they could just stick to the basics and quit looking for stuff to regulate and control. More laws, more regulations equal more government agencies, employees and costs to us.

Local governments need to provide basic services, police, fire, schools, sewer/water, etc. Feds need to secure the borders and protect the country. I don't how stuff got so out of hand. The size and scope of local, state and federal governments has gotten ridculous.

+1 Very well said. I am a motorcycle enthusiast and I am an ATGATT rider - all the gear, all the time. But I chose to to do this. The State of Florida does not mandate it ; nor should they. I detest the creeping nanny state.

Carl S
Old Soldier

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Assembly Bill 1595: CA law change affecting OHV riders
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: