|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> LCI Leveling System-Help,

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
HHg in Austin

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/12 12:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2011 Four Winds/Thor Serrano. The leveling system (Lippert) is driving me crazy. Pump motor burned out, replaced it. System would work once again, however the Jacks Down light would never go off. Crawled under the coach to find front right hose was blown.....replaced it. Zero leveled the unit, ran through a cycle, Jacks Down light still on. Replaced the control module, zero leveled again, ran it through a cycle, still get Jacks Down light staying on. Lippert sent me the pressure sending unit, replaced it, zero leveled once again....and yes, you guessed it, the Jacks Down light still stays on. All four of the legs are coming all the way up, but the Jacks Down light stay on. Help !! The fluid level is perfect, all is the hydraulic legs have been cleaned and sprayed with silicon. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Edit: Lippert just called and now suggests replacing the touch-pad ($300+)

* This post was edited 07/31/12 01:48pm by HHg in Austin *

HHg in Austin
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40-QBH
2010 Honda CRV Toad

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LCI jacks use the static pressure (that pressure switch) to turn the jack down light OFF. Is this NOT under LCI's warranty??? IF the control dash unit does NOT see that pressure switch signal the jacks show down. You can ground and unground the pressure switch to test. I do not know if grounded turns the light OFF or ungrounded does. But, test each way will tell. There ARE 2 if NOT 3 models of pressure switches, did the NEW one look exactly like the old one??? Doug

HHg in Austin

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 11:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug,

Thanks for the info,.....I have a new part due in on Monday,.....if that doesn't solve the issue (and I don't think it will), I'll check grounds. Oh,....no its just out of warranty. You always seem to be so helpful, Thanks !

HHG

HHg in Austin

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/12 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Problem Solved: First off, let me say how GREAT Lippert was to work with on this issue. They finally sent me a brand new COMPLETE unit that included the reservoir, hydraulic pump, motor, solenoid and all the other bells and whistles. Funny thing was,......even this new unit would not work,.....however, I switched the wiring harnesses out and low and behold, my unit started working like new ! The new wiring harness had one less "hot feed" than my older harness, Once they were switched out, the system worked just fine. Back in service just in time for a trip late next week,...and then in late September on to the Northeast and the Kangamangus Hwy to see some fall colors !

Thanks !
HHg

* This post was edited 08/14/12 12:31pm by HHg in Austin *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> LCI Leveling System-Help,
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS