RV.Net Open Roads Forum: The Cat Encounter in Spanish Fork, Utah...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The Cat Encounter in Spanish Fork, Utah...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 12:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce, you're a better man than I. After reading this, my current plan is to drive it till the smell stops (or maybe till it really stinks, not sure the sequence on that) praying all the while that I'm not harboring a skunk.

God Bless, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100

BruceMc

Oregon - Willamette Valley

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Giggle... believe me, I thought about doing just that!

'00 Four Winds 26Q Class C (Ford E350 V10)
Previously: '96 Kit Sportsmaster 212f fifth wheel coupled to our trusty '93 GMC Sierra K2500
Before that: '91 SunLite poptop truck camper
and the first: a Wildernest flip-top canopy.

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 07:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Someone ran over him like they did the white cat. We live on what was a dead end road and one car a day was unusual.

If they all get run over, why do you allow them to go outside? Aside from being run over and possibly suffering for hours before death, there are diseases and parasites out there. Keep your cats indoors or in safe enclosures.

WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
Heartland 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS
1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WandaLust2 wrote:

down home wrote:

Someone ran over him like they did the white cat. We live on what was a dead end road and one car a day was unusual.

If they all get run over, why do you allow them to go outside? Aside from being run over and possibly suffering for hours before death, there are diseases and parasites out there. Keep your cats indoors or in safe enclosures.

Owls, coyotes, cats and poisoning got some.
We don't/or didn't keep pets in the house. Have two now inside because they couldn't make it outside.
They are cats that get put out here. Don't have the heart to euthanize them any more. They had/ have their own pet houses and well attended to by Vet. They would not come inside though the White one and the Manx came and went as they pleased.

Dustytuu

Somewhere in the USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/12 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My parents had a cattle ranch. Several years ago, their hired hand had to take a load of cattle south. My parents had the cattle truck fueled up and ready for him to leave at 4 AM next day. He left before day light.. after it got day light, he stopped for breakfast. Two chickens hopped off the axels or something under the truck. He knew they came from the cattle truck because he saw them jump out. They were walking around the truck stop and making clucking noises. Bet they had a rough ride.

2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers and a BIG cat

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Criminals prefer unarmed victims!

Dustytuu

Somewhere in the USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/12 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have another story... This happened to a good friend of mine.
She and her man were camping at a state park. Her son is a swat member in KC.
Every year she has a cook out for the Swat team. She was cooking meat in the shelter and it was hot. The park had a new manager. He came over several times harassing her and telling her she had to pay $5 dollars a person. He ask if she had more people coming. Her daughter in law was there at the time. She said yes she did but didn't mention they were swat. She told him several times to call his boss. Which he finally did and came back and glared at her. Told her his boss said they didn't have to pay. A scruffy guy came over and ask if she needed any help. She said he could put the table cloths on the tables. He duck tapped them...LOL Anyway he is watching her cooking.
She has been cooking every summer, for the swat team for several years in that park.
Finally here came the swat team from the firing range. They are in full uniform. About 6 cars of them. Everyone disappeared. LOL

After they ate. Her son told the manager, he didn't appreciate how he had talked to his mom... The manager told him..."you all better realize there is a speed limit here." Her son said we know full well the speed limit because we patrol this park!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The Cat Encounter in Spanish Fork, Utah...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS