RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: BAD Winegard customer service & Trav'ler 1000

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> BAD Winegard customer service & Trav'ler 1000

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

az99 wrote:

SCVJeff wrote:

So all you folks think these companies should have a customer staff equal to the number of calls, +1, at the time you call because you deserve to talk to someone immediately?

Not always immediately but at least on hold with reasonable wait time. The OP is correct that Winegard does not return calls very quickly if at all. Their leave message policy is poor.

If I buy a $2 part, I expect $2 CS. If I buy a several thousand dollar part, I expect excellent timely CS as I know I already paid for it in the price.

If companies can't provide that, they should not be in business anyway.

I'd love for a tech to answer the phone on the 3rd. or 4th ring and immediately get a response, but I know that isn't realistic...I also don't settle for "so-so" customer service either. BUT, If I call and leave a message and a tech. get's back to me that same day, I have no issue with it...I don't defend it, that's a bit silly for someone to say, but I also understand that they may be working on other issues or answering other phone calls "in the order they're received"...

"If I buy a $2 part, I expect $2 CS. If I buy a several thousand dollar part, I expect excellent timely CS as I know I already paid for it in the price. If companies can't provide that, they should not be in business"

Agree 100%, BUT, I've seen those who have purchase a $50,000 Dodge, Ford or Chevy vehicle/car/SUV, and go in to get a problem addressed and have to make an appointment to bring it back in....does happen, to deny it would be silly....guess they should go out of business?

Don't defend it, but also have to be "somewhat realistic" about what is to be expected, and a dome satellite on one's rv might be something that I would expect to maybe have to wait for an answer on. IF I wanted it taken care of quickly, I'd called my dealer to see if THEY could do something about it, if they can't, they should be out of business (?)...then called Winegard, but with no expection, if I need a part, that I will get it the "same day"...talk to a rep...yep, I'd expect that and OP got that...most in here would tell you that would be the expectation...have yet to be able to even go to an auto dealership, need a part, they not have it, and still get it that day, if they can't get it, then they need to be out of business (?)..

Just my.02....not worth that much, but if I called and my call and/or e-mail were addressed the same day for something on my rv...it would work for me....but maybe, if my dealer couldn't help me, he needs to get out of the business...I'd expect their help first......

Jim & Kathy
2013 Dodge 3500DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin tranny/4:10/Cummins: 385HP/850TQ
06 HR Presidential Suite 37RLQ/SK3005 Satellite/Splendide XC2100/4slide/dual pane windows
2014 Jeep Compass Ltd 4X4
Boxers;Buddy& Sheba II
USAF 71-75 Nam Vet

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

az99 writes "Not always immediately but at least on hold with reasonable wait time."

Define REASONABLE time?

1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes???

What YOU may think as reasonable often just is not going to happen...

"The OP is correct that Winegard does not return calls very quickly if at all. Their leave message policy is poor.

If I buy a $2 part, I expect $2 CS. If I buy a several thousand dollar part, I expect excellent timely CS as I know I already paid for it in the price."

Price does not have anything to do with how fast you may get service. However you need to take a step back and realize that MANY companies have CUT BACK on personnel in order to stay a float.

Then take into account that often these folks are fielding THOUSANDS of phone calls during their shift.

Phone calls which may be as simple as did you plug in the power cord?, How do I find my favorite channel?, Why doesn't my remote work? to having to step a non technical appliance user through all the service menus over the phone (press MENU button on remote and then press the following number sequence within 5 seconds while standing on your head..).

You call is placed into a cue, and it will get answered in that order, that cue can often overflow into another person's shift.

"If companies can't provide that, they should not be in business anyway. "

We are talking about SATELLITE TV, it is not life or death that you miss your TV show, honestly you WILL find it later in reruns since most shows seasons now days are only 5-8 episodes long and they simply repeat those for 4-6 months.

Now if you were talking about something like life or death things like hospital equipment then I would say that you actually have a beef about 6hrs response time.

Keep in mind that I am not defending long service times but I am EXPLAINING to you that it is not always simple (or easy) to help folks over the phone and IT TAKES TIME to do so.

Be patient and perhaps go for a walk, take a bike ride, play miniature golf or even read War and Peace while you wait...

* This post was edited 08/04/12 03:13pm by an administrator/moderator *

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer, my points exactly, except I prefer, Gulag Archipelago, a book by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At least a few here get it. The OP also has no idea if the call would have been returned, just maybe not today. You will get exactly the same service from HWH for a system way more expensive than that dish. I just went through exactly the same thing with Fantastic Fan of all people too, but they did call back quite awhile later.

OR we can send the entire CS call load to India, talk to someone named "Joe" that you can barely understand who is reading from a script, and we'll just fire that entire customer service department.. How's that sound to fix your impatience?

BTW- it is a $2 part...

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still shaking my head. It is no wonder the country is in the shape it is in. Keep telling the people that this is how it should be and they will eventually believe it and support it.

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 03:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Somewhat cleaned up and closed.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> BAD Winegard customer service & Trav'ler 1000
Search:   Advanced Search