|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Another Nexus Story

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
GrumpyGator

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/12 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple of weeks ago I took my new Nexus 31P back up to Elkhart so Nexus could fix a few things, and add a few things to it.

I know lots of folks like to take their RV to a dealer, but I have no problem taking mine back to the factory. After all, who knows better how to fix/add things in the unit. Except for very minor stuff, I feel more comfortable at the manufacturer. I'm only 500 miles from them, so it's not a problem. I just treated it like a mini-holiday.

Nexus fixed all my issues. They have a new Customer Service liason, Steve Tobias, who expedited everything. In addition to fixing my few issues, they replaced the CO detector that I broke, added a new 12v monitor system, added a new Sleep Number mattress, and added a new TPMS. I brought all the new items with me, but they installed them.

When all was said and done, they didn't charge me anything for the work they did. They even offered to pay for my gas for the trip. I had to decline that offer, but the fact that they were willing to do it speaks volumes.

I'm a pretty picky customer to please, but I couldn't be happier with my RV from Nexus. For me this was a big purchase. I'm not rich, and I never thought I'd have an opportunity to have an RV this nice.

Thanks Nexus. I'd buy from them again, and would feel confident recommending them to anyone.

* This post was edited 08/03/12 08:58pm by GrumpyGator *

2012 Nexus Phantom 31P

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/12 10:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is information I'm grateful that you posted. I'm doing my homework on Nexus, and so far, I have read very positive reviews. I E-mailed asking about some basic questions (ability to get some factory E-450 options such as the Ford SYNC for Bluetooth), and they have been very polite.

They definitely are on my consideration list.

PS: How does your rig handle? I'm just curious how well it does on the road.

ASPENMAN

New Mexico

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 05:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 GrumpyGator NEXUS is a wonderful company and a great product.

BLOGS:
http://rvpainter.blogspot.com
http://art4rvs.blogspot.com
31' Class C NEXUS Phantom 4/4/12
Pressure Pro TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS/Surge

WiFi Ranger Mobile
Cab over entertainment center

GrumpyGator

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/12 11:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, it handles OK. I don't have any complaints. At the same time, its basically a truck. I read recently on here that a motorhome is a hurricane driving thru a tornado, or something like that.

I absolutely hate the roads in Indiana. Rt 31 and I65 South are pitiful. Probably the worst roads in the country. I can't imagine how it could be any worse.

The Nexus handles it as well as I would hope. I'm a fairly conservative driver with the RV and 55 to 60 is where I set the Cruise Control. I'm happy to let the rest of them fly by me on the left.

You can't beat Nexus on customer service. Plus... steel frame... how can you go wrong?

GrumpyGator

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/12 11:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mlts22 wrote:

That is information I'm grateful that you posted. I'm doing my homework on Nexus, and so far, I have read very positive reviews. I E-mailed asking about some basic questions (ability to get some factory E-450 options such as the Ford SYNC for Bluetooth), and they have been very polite.

They definitely are on my consideration list.

PS: How does your rig handle? I'm just curious how well it does on the road.

btw: I don't know who you're working with at Nexus, but I worked with Dave Middleton, the VP and he was fantastic to work with. Claude is the President and he has been great as well.

Ask questions and keep an open mind. These folks are about more than just the initial sale. You will not leave Nexus unhappy.

Godsey97

Dayton,Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I absolutely hate the roads in Indiana. Rt 31 and I65 South are pitiful. Probably the worst roads in the country. I can't imagine how it could be any worse"

Tripple Ditto on I65 South. Came thru there last week on the way home from Chicago. They should be ashamed to let roads get that bad.

ASPENMAN

New Mexico

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/12 08:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you had each corner of your 31' Phantom weighed yet?

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GrumpyGator wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I took my new Nexus 31P back up to Elkhart so Nexus could fix a few things, and add a few things to it.

I know lots of folks like to take their RV to a dealer, but I have no problem taking mine back to the factory. After all, who knows better how to fix/add things in the unit. Except for very minor stuff, I feel more comfortable at the manufacturer. I'm only 500 miles from them, so it's not a problem. I just treated it like a mini-holiday.

Nexus fixed all my issues. They have a new Customer Service liason, Steve Tobias, who expedited everything. In addition to fixing my few issues, they replaced the CO detector that I broke, added a new 12v monitor system, added a new Sleep Number mattress, and added a new TPMS. I brought all the new items with me, but they installed them.

When all was said and done, they didn't charge me anything for the work they did. They even offered to pay for my gas for the trip. I had to decline that offer, but the fact that they were willing to do it speaks volumes.

I'm a pretty picky customer to please, but I couldn't be happier with my RV from Nexus. For me this was a big purchase. I'm not rich, and I never thought I'd have an opportunity to have an RV this nice.

Thanks Nexus. I'd buy from them again, and would feel confident recommending them to anyone.

Hi grumpy,
Sounds like everything is working out great for you. Those Nexus RV's do look nice and seem to be very well made. From everything I've read or heard current owners are very happy. I am one who brings my RV to the dealer for just about any work I need done to it. I have to say that my local dealer has been great to work with and always gives me great a deal on service prices.
Todd

Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Another Nexus Story
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts