|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Rapid City, South Dakota and Lazy J

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
PowerTourist

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/12 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We’ve really had a great time in South Dakota and want to be sure to share our thoughts about the Lazy J RV Park near Rapid City.

This is a first-class RV park because of the professionalism and commitment to customer service which is so evident in the operation of the park. Staff at Lazy J made us feel very welcome, and they provided fantastic assistance in planning trips to explore the area. The Lazy J is nestled in the pines overlooking Rapid City and we enjoyed seeing the city lights from this vantage point. Common areas are clean and user-friendly. I didn’t mind doing laundry when I could sit out on the balcony and enjoy the panoramic view of Rapid City and the Black Hills. I had no problems with washers and dryers and was glad to see the coin changing machine in the Laundromat. That was really convenient. Bathrooms are always clean and well-maintained.

For us, the highlight was the swimming pool overlooking the Black Hills. We do water aerobics four times a week and we always looked forward to the sparkling clean blue water and the predictable warm temperature of the pool. JR takes great pride in maintaining the pool, keeping it clean and at just the right temperature.
The dog walk is about a block long with plenty of room for all of our canine buddies. Our two chihuahuas had me running as they romped their way up the hill on their leashes every afternoon.

We extended our stay due to the welcoming, helpful attitude of the owner and the staff. They’ve made our trip memorable with their recommendations for area attractions, restaurants, and other amenities and their dedication to the campers who stop here. We will return to this RV park and , you guessed it, we highly recommend the Lazy J in Rapid City, South Dakota. Thank you Marvin and crew for a great and memorable stay!

rr2254545

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/12 10:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is this a paid advertisement - first poster ??

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
158 Campgrounds since we retired in 2009

Beartoo

Perham MN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 04:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is paid ad it's working. I will be going there with in the next 2 years.

DH - Bear
DW - Marge
Buster - English Springer Spaniel
Molly - English Springer Spaniel Puppy
07 Silverado 2500HD, Dmax, Allison Trany
Husky 15K
2008 Wildcat 24RL (Old Camper)
2009 Open Range 280 RLS (New)

WyoTraveler

Northwest, Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 06:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were there in June. Great RV Park.

2013 Monaco Monarch
2012 Jeep Wrangler
AC6CV, ex-WN8RUR, ex-W8RUR, ex-K7RIO, ex-WB6GBR since 1954
Commercial 1st class Radio Telephone, & Telegraph certificate
ARRL 35 WPM Certificate.

docj

Fulltime--Home is where we park it

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 10:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We always check a campground's reviews on RVParkReviews.com In this case I am highly suspicious of the posted review because it is way out of the range of the other reviews for this park. There are always variations between things different reviewers think are important, but these differences are rather significant: RVParkReviews for CG's in Rapid City

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

AeroP

Emery, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reviews I read are not all that great. Possibly self promotion
on some comments involved here. I prefer Custer SP camping myself.
AeroP

AeroP
99DSDP

Modracer

central cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 11:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Lazy J in 2006, it was a nice park, nice View and friendly. We haven't been back that way, so no up to date report. What we do remember is that it was 102 and 103 degrees in Rapid City that week,"Wow" wasn't ready for that.

06 HR
Ambassador 38PDQ
04 Liberty

tsetsaf

Full-Timer

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 12:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a bad park depending on your preference. I like to see them too: See the rv park from a campers view

'06 Dodge 3500 5.9L CTD 6spd Manual SB SRW - Pullrite SG - Ride Rite Airbags - Rickson 19.5 Steelies 150K and going strong
2014 Premier Elite 44' Fifth Wheel... calm down it is within the weight limits of my truck.
RV Park and Campground Directory

docj

Fulltime--Home is where we park it

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/12 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Modracer wrote:

We stayed at Lazy J in 2006, it was a nice park, nice View and friendly. We haven't been back that way, so no up to date report. What we do remember is that it was 102 and 103 degrees in Rapid City that week,"Wow" wasn't ready for that.

You can learn a lot from reading back through the older reviews on RVParkReviews. Apparently the person who owned the park when you were there in 2006 sold it in 2007 but had to repossess it a year or so later when the buyer defaulted. Even though the reviews had always been a bit spotty previous to this, they seem to have started a downward trend thereafter.

The most recent reviews show much higher prices and are fairly negative in tone. My guess is that the park got sold again fairly recently to someone who raised the prices and installed his own management. Furthermore, I would guess that this thread got started by the new owner or a friend in an effort to pump up the business.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Rapid City, South Dakota and Lazy J
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS