RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Any Sabre owners?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Any Sabre owners?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
kroghville

Redgranite, WI

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 05:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're in the process of selling the S&B and going FT in a fiver (which we don't have yet). Does anyone out there have experience with a Sabre by Forest River as far as suitabiliy for fulltiming?

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Forum Technical Support.

Wiscampsin

Wisconsin USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 4th RV was a 2008 Jayco TT and we had zero problems with it. I was a bit skeptical switching brands but couldn't find a Jayco floorplan we liked enough. We've had our 2013 Sabre 34REQS for about 3 months now. It's parked on a seasonal site outside Montello so no comments/expeience with towing. We factory ordered it with alot of options including the thermopane windows. We are very happy with the construction, fit & finish, and livability of the unit. I'm retired so I spend Tuesday thru Sunday at the camper. Even though it's not fulltiming I've spent enough time in it to put the systems thru the paces with no problems so far. PM me if you have questions.

Here's a link to FR Palomino forum:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/

2013 Palomino Sabre 34 REQS-6
http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/user/W........6?&_suid=1357224714962013706578115184365

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 12:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see folks full timing in just about everything out here, from MoHo(s) to truck campers. I've even seen the homeless in tents at some campgrounds. A lot of things work, some for longer periods of time, under the right conditions.

I'm assuming your concern is for the quality of a 5er relative to a full time lifestyle. My suggestion would be to visit RV Consumer Group online and join. The cost is negligible, relative to the over-all cost of RV ownership and use. While some fail to see value in their information, many find it invaluable... a testament to their longevity. Get a copy for 5th wheels and note the Reliability / Highway Control / Value / 5 Star ratings. Those manufacturers who build products for Snowbirding and Full Time use would logically be a better choice for the purpose it was intended. Perhaps, due to budgetary concerns, you might decide to look at used 5ers. At least you'll have the reasonable knowledge upon which to base an intelligent decision. Good luck.

RVn Full-time

cekkk

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 09:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a Forest River product and had no problems. It was definitely entry level quality, but the Sabre fiver seems to have the bells and whistles. I'd be interested in its frame and its floor, wall and ceiling construction and insulation. I suppose whether you plan on moving around a lot as opposed to parking it on a more permanent site would be a consideration too.

'11 Eagle 320RLDS
Equalizer WDH
'02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD, PacBrake,
6.0 cooler, Ford AIS, Isspro trans. gauge
Flashpaq tuner, AirLift airbags
2013 Ford Expedition King Ranch

kzspree320

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 09:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't really think the Palamino Sabre is designed for full time use. I looked on the website, but I could not find the insulation specs. I'm not saying you could not full time in it, it's just not designed for it like some fivers that cost substantially more.

I see you just joined the forum. Take your time and research fivers for fulltiming before jumping. Search the fivers forum for fulltming use and you will get many opinions on the best fivers. Remember, it will be your next house so don't hurry it. Good luck.

SuperDutyMan

Western PA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had our Sabre 3 seasons now, and have no complaints what so ever,very well made,and highly optioned for the price,everyone that has one will tell you they love theirs.We do not full time,so all I can respond to is how ours is used,it does have a vented "attic",triple seals on the slideouts,and enclosed underbelly,with heated tanks,I do know you can order them with dual pane windows and twin A/Cs,(there are not many options,as they are well appointed)They are relatively light,have "E" rated 16" tires,and pull great.Hope this helps,look around and compare,do your homework,there are a lot of larger well made,more expensive, units out there,but in THIS price category,you will have a hard time finding one that compares...JMO

2011 Palomino Sabre 31RETS,5th Wheel,Triple Slide,4000W Onan Genset
2006 Super Duty,XLT, V10, 6 Speed, 4.10, Tow Command, Tow Pkg. 4X4,Dual Exhaust,K&N,Reese 15K,Air Bags

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a nice enough rig but not a full-time unit for sure. I would start by looking for a full height stand up bedroom..

B.O.

2011 Big Country 3250TS...2010 Ram CC Laramie 4wd Cummins

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Any Sabre owners?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS