|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Computerized Stuff on new Ford - aarg

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Fordlover

Spring, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mbopp wrote:

Now I fill the tank and reset one of the trip odometers to keep track of the gas.

Couldn't you use the gas gauge to keep track of Gas?

02 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4, prodigy and equalizer
07 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK
07 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed, Hauls @$$
and no payments

Chuck&Gail

In the Colorado Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 05:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny, my cell phone will not connect to SYNC either. Maybe because it is a PHONE. Good enough for a few phone calls at about $80 A YEAR.

Chuck
Wonderful Wife
Australian Shepherd
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chuck&Gail wrote:

Funny, my cell phone will not connect to SYNC either. Maybe because it is a PHONE. Good enough for a few phone calls at about $80 A YEAR.

If the phone has Bluetooth. It should connect. All the SYNC is, is a bluetooth connection. Mine connected simply by pushing down, and holding the SYNC button, while making a call. DW's is set as the default phone, and over rides mine. Mine will not SYNC while her's is in the car as well.
BTW. Mine is just a phone as well. No data plan, and no texting.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

Chuck&Gail

In the Colorado Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Chuck&Gail wrote:

If the phone has Bluetooth. It should connect. All the SYNC is, is a bluetooth connection. Mine connected simply by pushing down, and holding the SYNC button, while making a call. DW's is set as the default phone, and over rides mine. Mine will not SYNC while her's is in the car as well.
BTW. Mine is just a phone as well. No data plan, and no texting.

Nope, no bluetooth at all, just a phone. Maybe I'll get one if I can find one cheap with a plan under $100 a YEAR with minutes. What does yours cost a year? Maybe I can just buy a phone with Trackfone service?

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Haven't figured it up for a year. I'm thinkn mine is about 30 per month. I have the US plan. I can call anywhere in the US with no roaming charges. We have 4 phones on one plan to save some bucks. I also us mine for wwork as well. But as I say. I had the texting turned off. If someone wants me. they will have to talk.

slarsen

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 08:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can probably buy a cheap phone on Ebay (or Craig's List) that will work within your plan. I've bought several for a company I am loosely associated with, because the guys keep dropping them in puddles, running them through the wash, dropping them off a ladder, etc.

mbopp: I'm not sure I get the 'gallons to empty' complaint. It shows miles to empty, which if anything, I prefer. I'd say that when it is getting very close to 'empty' according to miles left, there are still a couple gallons in reserve.

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 09:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could always get the manual out that came with it and actually read how to use it all.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Chiefcpo

Huntsville, Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 10:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to Best Buy and got the GM ON Star mirrow installed. 600 min. for 10 usd.Like some others I do not like the syn or GPS(good pile of s*&*). It loves to be mis-directional as to the shortest routs, and routes you downtown most of the time just forgot to install a true blond as the voice!!! (sorry ladies) but the GPS is garbage compared to garmin.

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 06:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fla-gypsy wrote:

You could always get the manual out that came with it and actually read how to use it all.

Well I got the manual in the house and am attempting to read it. Ya know how to tell I am reading - you can see my lips move.

I came up with this idea that may even be slicker. I could start reading the manual while I am driving.

Gimmeabreak or is it ropemancutmesomeslack

OldGreaser

South Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chiefcpo wrote:

Went to Best Buy and got the GM ON Star mirrow installed. 600 min. for 10 usd.Like some others I do not like the syn or GPS(good pile of s*&*). It loves to be mis-directional as to the shortest routs, and routes you downtown most of the time just forgot to install a true blond as the voice!!! (sorry ladies) but the GPS is garbage compared to garmin.

Not my experience. I've used a portable Garmin for several years, and I much prefer the in-dash Ford unit. My Garmin gives bad advice about 3x more often than the Ford. Both will do it, so it pays to look out the windshield once in a while to see what's going on.
Two disclaimers that might favor Garmin:
-I've never updated my Garmin. It's at least 4 years old
-I sat down and really learned the Ford. Never did this for the Garmin so sometimes struggle with the commands.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Computerized Stuff on new Ford - aarg
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS