|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Info on class C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
egh33

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 01:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To You folks that have a Class C. I am looking for a class c that does not have a step down into the cab part. I have looked at quite a few and find they all have that step and the drivers seat and the passenger seat will not go back real far because the step up in to the living part of the M/H. All that I have tried the seat is so close I would be driving with my knees up to the steering wheel.
I am getting up in years and just don't enjoy this big coach we have now.

jamstoyz

Chesterfield MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you tried GM chassis class c's? Mine has a cut out in the back part of the dining chair so I can lean my seat as far as it goes. Leg room is more than I need too. How tall are you?

2001 Gulfstream Yellowstone 29'
1999 Fleetwood Prowler TT 24' (sold)
2004 Fleetwood Gearbox Toyhauler 28' (sold)

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 01:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try looking at a Lazy Daze RV.

Even if you have to look at a used Lazy Daze, you can see how the front seating is. Most RV's now have basement storage, and this caused the floor level to rise. While it makes it a little easier to get into the cabover space, it would make it more difficult to get into the cab.

Fred.

Kit Carson

Bossier City, La.

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jamstoyz wrote:

Have you tried GM chassis class c's? Mine has a cut out in the back part of the dining chair so I can lean my seat as far as it goes. Leg room is more than I need too. How tall are you?
My Winnebago Outlook is like this on the passenger side. The DW can fold the partition down and lean her seat back to relax.

KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To not have the step (it provides for about 6-10 inches of "basement" and below-floor slideout mechanisms) you need to choose a C small/inexpensive enough to not have level-floor slideouts or the basement storage feature, or go to a manufacturer that never adopted basement storage or slideouts, e.g. LazyDaze.

Usually the issue with how far a seat can go back is not that step, as it is at least 8 inches behind the seat base. It is interference of something in the house with the back of the seat, and that means choosing to have a floorplan free of furnishings or slideouts immediately behind the seat of importance.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

gerrym51

unknown

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2009 and older sunseekers were flat floor

W4MBG

Williamsburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

in ours, the drivers seatback is stopped by the dinette, but winnebago set up the rear-facing seatback of the dinette to recline towards the rear of the rv. either the driver can recline, or the front dinette seat can be occupied. not a bad method, you just lose a little bit of flexibility in seating with a tall driver.

1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

PhilR.

Central Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 07:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should look at the Winnebago View/Itasca Navion. While there is a small step down into the cab area, there is nothing behind the seats. You can move the seat bottom all the way back on both sides (there is substantial travel - I am almost 6'3" and my seat isn't all the way back), and you can recline the seatbacks as far as they will go. You can even swivel the seats 180 degrees, thereby using them as interior seating when parked.

Also, the cab area is much more roomy than the Fords and Chevys, and have flat floorspace all the way across (no doghouse). You sit higher, and look out through side windows and front windshield that are substantially larger than on the Fords and Chevys.

The size of these RV's isn't for everyone, so if you have to carry or tow very large loads, then you will have to look at RV's that are designed for that. But if your needs can be met with a 24' MH, then you might take the time to look at them. There are also several other manufacturers that use this chassis as well and also have completely unobstructed seats, but I don't know if all of the other manufacturers have that feature.

tonyandkaren

pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check Born Free. They don't have a step and the seats spin around to make seating for the living area - http://www.bornfreemotorcoach.com/25_Rear_Bath_class_c_rv

Our Fulltiming Blog

Clickable Attractions Maps

4x4 Custom Class C on F450 chassis

rvten

Crossville,TN

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 09:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just what have you looked at?
At 6'2" I have no problem with front seat room. Ford E450.

Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Info on class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes