|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Who's fault

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
past-MIdirector

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stopped at the local RV repair shop down the road Friday afternoon on my way to Toledo. I try and stop in at least once a month to talk with the owner/Tech. He had an old MH he had just repair the electic step on. It was dripping anti freeze so he had put a collection pan under to collect the fluid. The owner can in to pick up his MH and started going off about the fluid leak and what the shop owner did to cause the leak. I stood there in disbelieve that this guy was raising heck about a radiator leak that was no where near the steps or the area he did the work in.
This guys way of thinking is it was in his shop when it started to leak so there for it was the shops fault. this guy continued to complain as he paid his bill and the shop owner told him he was not responsible for his old radiator to start leaking and could leave with his MH. The guy left still in a huff saying he won't ever come back to the shop again as the owner looked at me and said I sure hope so.

mbopp

Henrietta, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My guess is it was leaking before the MH owner took it to the shop and he was looking for a free repair.

2013 North Trail 21FBS
2012 F-150 XLT Ecoboost ("EcoBeast") scab
Just DW & me......

Pogoil

Oregon Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My guess the guy was a jackarss! One in every crowd.

Pogoil.

bldrbuck

one or the other

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The shop should have offered tp install a new radiator for retail and full labor. It would probably be more than the motorhome is worth.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 04:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What difference does it make, he didn't get away with it. Any time a shop takes on work on a vehicle (or anything else) that has obvious damage or other problems they really SHOULD note it on the paperwork for the job or even take photos before work begins. I hear LOTS of people complaining about insurance companies trying to give them the shaft but there are JUST as many owners who are trying to get over on insurance companies. What would his attitude be if it was an insurance repair on the steps? Yep, it would be another insurance company gypped me.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 05:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mbopp wrote:

My guess is it was leaking before the MH owner took it to the shop and he was looking for a free repair.

You're probably right.

YC 1

Yuba City Calif./ Auburndale Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How did my phone get wet inside? Says the hostile customer. I'm sorry sir, I was not at the scene when it happened. You say you pay X dollars every month for air time and want a free phone now? I buy gas and don't expect a new vehicle if I drive into the water. Oh sir, you are going to another service.

This is one reason I am no longer a cellular dealer. What bs loser drug addicts make your life miserable and embarras you in front of decent customers. Enough. Take responsibility. And have been ripped off more than once.

H/R Endeavor 2008
2013 Ford Edge toad
Full Timers

rockportrocket

on hyway 77

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HUH did you say he owned a MOHO?

Artemus Gordon

Redding California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 10:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel for the honest small business owner. That said a few weeks ago I took my car to my regular body shop for cosmetic fix. The guy went everywhere around the car taking digital photos. I mean entire car! I said is that for me or you? He laughed and said both of us Mike. We have to do that because even my friends have accused my shop of a dent or scratch they claim was not there, when car came into shop! So we point out every tiny flaw and then have a photo record! Good idea I said! Ya he said, then some still claim we photoshopped the photos ! That's why we print two sets one for you one for my lawyer! Lol

BobsYourUncle

Surrey, BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 12:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is indeed a shame how so many people out there try to rip off businesses like that. I have seen it happen so many times over the years it is sickening.

Being a business owner myself, I get the ridiculous claims too.

I once put a patio cover on the rear of a home. A couple days later I got a service call that the gutters on the front of the house were leaking and that I was responsible to repair them!! Crooked people make me wanna puke!! I told the customer "Nice try! Have a good day" and walked away.....

The most classic one was a dishonest lady who called the company after I had built something on her house claiming that my pickup leaked gas and ruined her asphalt driveway. I drove all the way out there and she showed me the spot where indeed her driveway was a mess from gas or something spilled on it. She insisted that I was going to pay for her driveway repair. I insisted that it was not my pickup and that she was mistaken. She got rude to me and told me she would sue me for damages if I don't pay for her driveway repair.
I told the old boot "Go right ahead and try!!!! My truck runs on propane, not gas!!!!", and I pointed to the underside of my truck where the big propane tank resided. She stared at me speechless realizing she had been caught in her scam. I laughed at her and said with a big grin "Have a nice day!!" and drove away, never to hear from her again.

Yeah, dishonest people are everywhere and it's nice to catch them in their lies once in a while....

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Duramax / Allison
Fire Red

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

81 Citation 25' "Tail dragger" "Under construction"

"Workin' man's rig"

Bob's Trucks

Check Out My Rebuild Project

Project Feedback

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next