|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> downtown Denver on a Monday morning

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
BR_Bo

Las Vegas, NV

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any locals out there that can give me a little guidance on getting thru Denver on I-25 this Monday morning? We'll be leaving Colorado Springs on our way to the Black Hills and Mt Rushmore.

If I get on I-25 by 0600 and hit the Denver area by 0700....how ugly will it be? Should I wait until 0800 to leave C Springs?

Thanks!

2oldman

Coachella

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll go out on a limb and say that's probably the worst time.

BR_Bo

Las Vegas, NV

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. Getting my 4 women loaded into the truck by 0600 may be a bridge too far. If it were just me, I'd be on the road by 0445.

cm

Dillon, CO USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From which part of Colorado Springs will you be starting? Just getting through Colorado Springs can be a problem. At 0600 it may be better. But I think it is optimistic to assume that you can get from Colorado Springs to Denver in one hour in the rush hour traffic. Especially if you are leaving from the south end of Colorado Springs.

Once you get to the south end of the metro Denver area there will be a lot of traffic going to the Denver Tech Center area which is just north of the C-470 connection. You can miss some of the central Denver traffic by taking E-470 around the Denver area it is a toll road and will possible be $35.00 to $40.00 depending on what you are driving. If you stay on I-25 then it is just a lot of heavy metro area rush hour traffic.

As far as the difference between 0700 or 0900 in Denver it just depends on how many accidents there are that particular day. Just stay in the right lane as well as you can. Be careful because often there are multiple lanes so the farthest right lane may become a exit lane. Most of the areas are marked fairly well for lanes becoming a exit only lane.

The speed limit through Denver is 55 mph although many drivers don't seem to understand that limit.

bldrbuck

one or the other

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 01:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would sleep in and leave at 8:30 that will get you through Denver at about 10:30 and to the Black Hills in the late afternoon. The night sbow is the best.

hallock5

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 07:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Presuming no accidents, 9am arrival into Denver is generally OK. As CM mentioned, E470 (toll) or C470 (not toll) are 2 decent options that ALMOST guarantee no traffic, although longer routes. C470 though dead ends at I-70 and forces you to take I-70 East and will rejoin I-25 in about 5 miles. IMHO after residing there 22+ yrs.

2008 Jayco Eagle Superlite 28.5RLS
2002 Ford 4x4 SuperCab 7.3 (Jr International) Diesel

Sad to say, time to sell to a good home.

WyoTraveler

Northwest, Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Couple of weeks ago I went through Denver on I-25 southbound about mid day on a Friday pulling small TT. I didn't think the traffic was that bad considering it is a larger town. I set my speed at 50 and never had any problems.

2013 Monaco Monarch
2012 Jeep Wrangler
AC6CV, ex-WN8RUR, ex-W8RUR, ex-K7RIO, ex-WB6GBR since 1954
Commercial 1st class Radio Telephone, & Telegraph certificate
ARRL 35 WPM Certificate.

tmm2good

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/12 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I commute I-25 daily. I would not stay in the right lane if it is me, move a couple lanes over to the left for less people entering/exiting the highway. If you hit Denver before 630 or after 9 you will miss most of the rush hour traffic. I think the springs is getting to be worse than Denver. (IMO) If you decide to take C-470 around the west side of town, you can grab I-76 and catch up with I-25 north of downtown instead of going through the I-70/I-25 interchange. E-470 around town is another option, but expensive if you are pulling a trailer.

13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
12 Keystone Fuzion 301
04 Kawasaki KFX700
05 Raptor 350
08 Kawasaki Concours 14
06 Kawasaki KLX250

2oldman

Coachella

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With technology these days you should be able to get real-time traffic reports and cams too.

Large metro areas are usually pretty good from 10a-2p. Of course night is better unless there's construction.

BR_Bo

Las Vegas, NV

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the input guys. I may just let *****in' Betty (Nav unit) do the work for me and navigate me through Denver. She did a great job in LA a few weeks ago. Still negotiating with the wife - 0600 to her means 0615 is a win. I'm leaning towards a 0800 departure. We'll be leaving from the Air Force Academy so C Springs traffic hopefully should not be too bad regardless of when we leave.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> downtown Denver on a Monday morning
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS