|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
pbitschura

SE MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Making a loop from Albuquerque to San Diego,north to Grand Canyon then Taos. 24 Hours in San Diego. Wife wants to see the big ships, Midway Memorial. I thought a stroll on Mission Beach and a good seafood restaurant. Any non tourist trap gems would be much appreciated. You guys have never let me down. Oh, May 22,2013, assuming the December 22 armageddon thing does not happen. Thanks.

1988 Mallard class c 24' Chevy chassis 350 cu gas.

Oxfofd, Fl

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr. Pete. Are you talking about Taos NM. If so Manateemomma can give you some good direction. How are you all?

Sam and Gail

1937(BAD BOY)pontiac,all steel,chevy 350,dyno=405hp,650 holley double pumper,ps,pb tilt wheel,heat & air,
700 r4 tranny,headers,3" exhaust with flowmasters
just a good ole southern redneck country boy

Come visit with us and swim with the Manatees

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 08:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up in Los Angeles Harbor is a true Gem of the Ocean and Pride of America...the USS Iowa is now on permanent display!

It's well worth the trip up the coast to see it! REALLY BIG GIRL!!

Designated the
"World's Greatest Naval Ship" due to her big guns, heavy armor, fast speed, longevity and modernization, she kept pace with technology for more than 50 years." No other battleship in our nation’s history has been host to more U.S. Presidents than the IOWA...Roosevelt, Ronald Regan, George H.W. Bush.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best seafood in town at Point Loma Seafood on Scott St. Walk up to the counter an order, sit outside or under the awning. Not cheap but the best selection and quality in town. My personal favorite is the scallop sandwich washed down with an ice cold Anchor Steam. My mouth is watering just thinking about it but lucky me, we'll be there next week.

kalynzoo

Los Angeles , California

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/12 10:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Midway is grand, not far away is the Star of the Sea a three master, the museums at Balboa Park make for a lovely days tour. With a little luck in May you might be able to enjoy a day on the beach.
As for restaurants, the one adjacent to the Midway is excellent, don't remember the name.
Enjoy

Oremus

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/12 12:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

Best seafood in town at Point Loma Seafood on Scott St. Walk up to the counter an order, sit outside or under the awning. Not cheap but the best selection and quality in town. My personal favorite is the scallop sandwich washed down with an ice cold Anchor Steam. My mouth is watering just thinking about it but lucky me, we'll be there next week.

We ate there a year ago, and were not impressed. However, it was under heavy construction for expansion, so maybe the "new" restaurant is better. There are a few other seafood restaurants near there, as well.

pbitschura

SE MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/12 06:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

352 wrote:

Mr. Pete. Are you talking about Taos NM. If so Manateemomma can give you some good direction. How are you all?

Sam and Gail
We are great. PM for you, Pete

Us out West

Let's see...last night we stayed in......

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/12 11:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kalynzoo wrote:

Midway is grand, not far away is the Star of the Sea a three master, the museums at Balboa Park make for a lovely days tour. With a little luck in May you might be able to enjoy a day on the beach.
As for restaurants, the one adjacent to the Midway is excellent, don't remember the name.
Enjoy

Agree.

OH....The Fish Market is the name you were looking for....mandatory stop, probably a couple times, when we are in the area.

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)

36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

bowtiebill

Fillmore, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/12 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know it is not Seafood, but if you have time while in San Diego, visit my good friends at Brazen BBQ.
These guys have won many awards on the BBQ circuit. Earlier this year they catered the Kansas City Barbeque Society National Convention and Awards ceremony.
Tell them I sent you.
Good luck,
Bill

Bill, Sherry, & Riley
2005 Gulfstream Super C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS