Noticed slide cover torn almost COMPLETELY from coach attachment rail. Leaving in 3 days for Ouray, CO... Too late to order one. So...noticed that awning seemed in pretty good shape except for last 5 inches that are not covered (sun is hard on Acrylic awnings!). With no other choice, I decided to pull the awning, cut off the 5 rotted inches and use the extra 10 inches wound on the awning drum. Worked like a charm (with a snag or two). Carefree Eclipse Awning 140 " wide:
1. Extend slide fully. Remove end caps on roller (and alum cover if it has one).
2. Wind awning tube further out by hand until all fabric off except for what is in awning slot(yes you can--did it alone BUT 2nd person WAY better).
3. Pin roller both sides.
4. OK, first snag--awning mounting bracket BLOCKS sliding canvas off roller!I think you have to unwind spring and remove roller...OR get out your handy-dandy 4 inch grinder and grind a slot to pull roller fabric off.
5. (this one's dangerous). Steal wife's Sewing Machine and set up in the garage. Use heavy duty polyester no rot thread to resew end seam that you have cut off, that holds awning in wall slot.
6. Slide fabric back on roller and wall slot. Unpin and carefully let spring unwind. Replace end caps. Run slide in and out a few times to center canvas. Cost--$5.99 for thread. 2-3 hours if you are handy.
I had the same problem several years ago. Two of my awnings were coming apart at the camper side. The fabric was in good shape it was the stitching that was rotten. I removed both and then removed the fabric from the roller and took them to a shop to have them resown. Cost me $20 for the sowing and a few hours of my labor. Replacement covers were like $300 each.
I love doing it my self and not paying those high repair bills.