For those of you with an RVND 7710 GPS (and probably the 5510 though I don't know for sure) there is a BIG updated available when you next dock to your PC. Be advised... it's big. Looks like it transfered over 80 files of map updates and fixes/changes. Took me about an hour for the whole process. You don't want to think about this one unless you are fully charged and on a fairly high speed Inet connection. Not sure if the times reflected busy servers at RM or what... my cable modem lights were going non-stop the whole time.
1) starting the update causes a full 'file validate' 5 mins or so?
2) the download for me was about 45 minutes, and I'm on a cable modem. Some of the files were really big and took 5-10 mins at a couple points just for one file. Just saying let it chug.
3) the transfer to the 7710 over USB took another 15 mins
4) when done, my software version went from 11.98.2310.1616 to 12.4.2428.2149
5) 15 changes in the release notes, won't list them all here but looks like they added some new minor features, fixed some things like Avoid State, speeded up POI searches, and a full map update. One nice update is that they now differentiate on downloaded POIs between "Alerts" and "General" where the alerts are things on your route (they use the example of Red Light Cameras) versus general info on things that could be 10 miles away and nice to know.
in another forum a guy mentioned that when he first connected his 5510 he only got the construction updated, which installed, but after that when he went back he got the big one. FYI he was on a DSL and took 2 hrs for him.
Have confirmed this one is for the 5510 as well as the 7710 and also updates the desktop software to 12.4.2428.2149.