|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Two strikes on GS ERS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 12:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In case you guys missed it, the post from "GS Roadside Assistance" is the head honcho of Good Sams Roadside Assistance!

He monitors these forums for issues and problems just like 'agesilaus' has in order to help see to it that it improves! Hows that for stepping up!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

TGarrett

TN/SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 01:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

In case you guys missed it, the post from "GS Roadside Assistance" is the head honcho of Good Sams Roadside Assistance!

He monitors these forums for issues and problems just like 'agesilaus' has in order to help see to it that it improves! Hows that for stepping up!

I am amazed at the number of people on this forum in positions of power that do that, the only reason I like this forum over the others I have looked at. But I couldn't resist the MS SC post lol

Garrett
2004 Fleetwood Expedition 38N
Full Timer

Toad(still to be setup) 2011 Jeep Rubicon
2nd (to be put on double trailer with 1st when moving) 2008 Honda S2000

Tom_M

New Hope, MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might want to consider adding emergency roadside assistance to your insurance coverage. I have coverage with State Farm and had to be towed last winter. I paid the tow charge and submitted the receipt to State Farm for reimbursement.

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 01:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

Yes, we do know that...

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

jimack

Lake Charles/Oak Grove La.

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 06:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

State Farm is what I have. they were most helpful but in the end it still came down to finding someone that would come out at 5pm. i don't believe it really matters who u have coverage with.
when i first bought the trailer, the insurance was thru a different company. had a flat while in a campground. took them 90 minutes to get there then they didn't have a jack that would handle the load (used the truck jack to get it off the ground).

oh the other half of the coin, cash only (on the flat in Little Rock). no problem with reimbursement. had to go to an atm...don't carry that much cash (for a used tire and service).

CardinalRule

Gimli, Manitoba (Summer) Yuma, Arizona (Winter)

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

When I have a problem on the road the "stepping up" has to be done then, not after the fact when I have to complain by phone or on this forum. I appreciate not every customer service experience will be 100% but to many times road side assistance is lacking in delivery of expected service. Not just Good Sam but Coachnet and AAA, to name a couple.

* This post was edited 08/09/12 09:33am by CardinalRule *

Dave

I RV, I Golf - Therefore I Am.

2013 Lexis RX350 (No More Truck )
Perminent on site 05 Cardinal 36TS

armalite

Fl

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 07:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom_M wrote:

You might want to consider adding emergency roadside assistance to your insurance coverage. I have coverage with State Farm and had to be towed last winter. I paid the tow charge and submitted the receipt to State Farm for reimbursement.

Tom, I never gave the "insurance company" thing much thought. But a back up plan seems like a good idea, so that when GS-ERS leaves me stranded high and dry I can take control of the situation myself.

I also agree with Cardinal Rule (X2 to the 12th), all these "mea culpa's and send us your bill and what can we do to make it right" by the GS-ERS folks after the fact, are worth absolutely nothing....what they need to do is ensure that these things don't happen.

Road Runners

Tampa Bay, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 07:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry folks I really screwed my post that can be seen up above. It was a senior moment late last night.

I am really good at Geography. I have been most everywhere in the world over the last 75 years and in my 22 year Navy career as a Naval Aviator.

When I retired from the Navy I navigated a sailboat of ours (wife and I on board) from California to South America and on to Halifax and Bermuda and back to Florida using only celestial navigation and a radio direction (There was no GPS or Loran back then).

But, I certainly had egg on my face with my post last night. What I meant to say is I was on I-95 just south of the South Carolina border in Georgia and Good Sam roadside assistance never showed up despite numerous calls. I finally changed the tire myself, plus had to cut a lot of steel tire windings that were wrapped around the axle and spring. That was difficult on a 74 year old guy in 100° heat.

Fortunately we did not need roadside assistance this summer on our Florida to Maryland to Nebraska to California and back to Florida trip.

'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel

John & Angela

Full Timers in Canada, USA and Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 07:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Question. Are the operators equipped to deal with GPS coordinates? It seems to me that would be the best way to pass your location to the agent.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. 2002 Vanguard 22 foot Class C. Diesel smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer or pulling a 2009 Timeout Tent Trailer.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GS didn't "step up" at all. Apologizing after the fact didn't change the circumstances. What the OP deserves is a full refund (because GS completely failed to provide the service the OP paid for) and continued service for the remainder of his contract.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Two strikes on GS ERS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS