|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Rving & Motorcycle Riding

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are there any clubs for people that RV, and take their motorcycles when they go camping? I like to camp in our TT, and ride my bike during the day, and would be interested in meeting other people with the same interest.

Retried Teamster
2007 Dodge
2012 Sierra
2002 Honda Goldwing

tktplz

Lake Bistineau, Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 06:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same here. I take my TC and bike on a trailer behind it but I go to bike specific meets. Not camping trips with folks with bikes. That would be nice.

"Confidence is the feeling you have before
you fully understand the situation"

1999 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
TorkLift Tie Downs
2010 Travel Lite 690FD
1996 ZX11 Ninja
2000 ZRX1100
2008 Yamaha Zuma 50 Scooter
2010 "Blue" Bulldog, "Luna"

Larry Sanders

Sarasota, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 07:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just find Motorcycle events I would like to attend, then I find campsites near by. Plenty of other bikers doing the same thing. I have friends that enjoy biking and camping so I am planning future trips to explore different areas of Florida.

Larry & Jamie Sanders
2008 Born Free
27 RSB

jack0351

Santee, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 09:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Plenty of folks do both. I full time, and one of the requirements I had was a toyhauler so I could take the bike with me easily. I have not heard of any clubs that do this specifically, but folks usually figure it out in the CG when they see my Harley parked outside my TH.

2013 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW 6.7 w/Aisin
2012 Dutchmen Voltage V3600 Toyhauler
2000 Harley FXST

TxTiger

North Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Motorcycling is how I got into RVing. I bought my motorcycle about a yr before I got my toy hauler. After purchasing my bike I found I just didn't enjoy riding in the city. I went through the thought process of the best way to take the bike to good riding areas and decided that a toy hauler and adding camping as part of my interests made the most sense.

Here's how I do it. I go to motorcycleroads.us and look for good roads in close by areas or close states. The roads are rated by riders and others, and are color indicated to show what type of riding the roads offer. Once I find a place I want to ride, I go to rvparkreviews.com and see what's in the area and check out the reviews.

I've had my TH now since January and have done the Texas Hill Country and SW Colorado, north of Durango. I left my TH at the campgroung for two months when in the Hill Country, and went there three time through that period (three full wks), and am going back late Sept when it cools down. I enjoyed the Hill Country riding more that Colorado, as there was much less traffic and it was very motorcycle friendly. Lots of places in these small towns cater to motorcyclists and lots of bikes there on the weekends. Many friendly people to meet and ride with.

If anyone is looking to go somewhere around that time, we will be at the Hill Country Resort and Event Center (http://rvtexasresort.com/), about 6 miles north of Medina. Check out the three sisters on the motorcycleroads.us website, Ranch Roads 335, 336, 337. 337 goes west from Medina, so great riding is right out the campground entrance.

2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
KZ 27TH Toy Hauler, 5,700 lb dry weight/8,000 lb GVW.

Billieg2

Lake Wales Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 10:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Larry Sanders wrote:

I just find Motorcycle events I would like to attend, then I find campsites near by. Plenty of other bikers doing the same thing. I have friends that enjoy biking and camping so I am planning future trips to explore different areas of Florida.

2X There are many motorcycle events all over the USA and getting there in your RV is half the fun. I use internet sites to find the events and plan my trips. Being stuck in FL for the summer I just go up to Larry's neck of the woods to Peggy's corral on Sundays. Here are a couple of good event sites:

Site 1

Site 2

In my life I've spent my money on women, booze, Harleys, guitars and traveling, the rest I just wasted...

2007 Ford F-350 diesel/dually & Sunnybrook Titan KSRV 39-1 Toy hauler 5th wheel hauling my custom Harley

Larry Sanders

Sarasota, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Billieg2 wrote:

2X There are many motorcycle events all over the USA and getting there in your RV is half the fun. I use internet sites to find the events and plan my trips. Being stuck in FL for the summer I just go up to Larry's neck of the woods to Peggy's corral on Sundays. Here are a couple of good event sites:

I've only been to Peggy's once.
Have you ever ridden in the Arcadia area, Open Road, Limestone and Tillies are some of my favorites.
I also have a great County Campground outside Arcadia called Brownville Park.
$25.00/night on the Peace River.
I'm booked once a month for the next 8 months.

waltfire

Raleigh

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/12 01:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think you might want to do what I am thinking of. I have been in a motorcycle club for 20 years. I grow tired of the various bike weeks, to many bikes, and to many cops pulling folks over for nearly anything. I am going fulltime in a few months, of course my bike will go with me. I want to travel to great roads to ride on and see all the wonderful sights around the country. Would be nice to meet people with the same interest, share a beer around the campfire. RVing Riders on Delphi Forums seems like a good place. I have looked at Escapees (may join) they will start a group if there is enough interest. If you start a group I would be interested in signing on, not a club though.

haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are going to take the travel trailer, with the bike in the pickup, and go to Tn. near Va. this Oct. and do some riding...in hopes the fall colors will be there, is anyone interested in joining us?

If so our plan is to be at the "Rocky Top RV Park" in Blountville, Tn http://www.rockytopcampground.com/ checking in Oct. 15 until Oct. 19...We have stayed here before, and this is a very good park..

waltfire

Raleigh

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love to ride in the mountains, we just returned from Georgia mountains around Blairsville. I would like to join in but we have plans set already to start moving south in October. I know not as nice as the color show in the mountains, but we like the sand too especially where it's warm.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Rving & Motorcycle Riding
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS