|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Used Diesels

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Weldon

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/12 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 01 F-250 which I bought new in June 2001. I have replaced a fuel regulator switch once and that is all. Now have 116,000 miles and it is going strong.
I do wish I had a exhaust brake on it.

Indiansprings

ARIZONA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/12 06:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, didn't see that coming. Im new to this forum, is it as bad as the AR-15.com

2013 28 Attitude w/slide, 06 SuperDuty 4x4 CC BulletProofed ARP studs 6.0, Icon 4.5",AFE Exhaust, Coolant Filter, SCT, CTS Monitor, 08 Diff cover, Derale trans pan, Phoenix AMSOIL Dealer, Dual Bilstein stabilizer,SuperGlide 16K, Nitto CROSSTEC 275/70R-18,

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Indiansprings wrote:

Wow, didn't see that coming. Im new to this forum, is it as bad as the AR-15.com

LOL, or as good as the AR=15 forum.

News, the 6.0 has few merits and Ford admits to it to the tune of a BILLION dollars. Problem is you think you know more than the chief engineer of Ford and their private emails about this engine. You don't.

Hmmmmmmm, chief engineer of Ford diesel or News,chief engineer of Ford diesel or News? Hmmmmmmm, who do I think has more knowledge of the 6.0 diesel? ROTFLMAO, now that's a tough one!

No need to debate me. I just report about what FORD has said about the 6.0. But since you ask; my stance is this. Bandaided up with about 5 to 8 grand worth of mods depending on what a person wants, the 6.0 is a pretty good little engine and a damn nice truck.

News you want to debate? Go debate the head engineer of Ford or go tell him your thoughts on the new 6.7 pump failures. I'm sure he will be on the edge of his seat to hear your expert opinion. ROTFLMAO.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

safn1949

Mankato,MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 07:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 236,000 on my 99 Dodge 3500 dually,got it dirt cheap as it is a 2 wheel drive in Minnesota. Needs some TLC but runs like a champ. The dash in mine is a bit faded but in great shape.

Cheap as in $3500......

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Indiansprings wrote:

Sonny, the AR-15 is a pop gun.

Compared to the BLU-118 about to be deployed here.

At the price band between $10-15k, the best deal out there is a 6.0 Ford around 2006, with my usual allowances for fixes.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/12 06:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

calewjohnson wrote:

KD4UPL wrote:

Why is a GM guy not considering a GM truck? GM made plenty of diesel trucks in the years you are looking at. True, the LB7 Duramax had injector problems but other than that was solid. Even then, the injector problems went away with the LLY in 2004.5. Does a 2001 Dodge really cost that much less than a 2004 GM?

Unfortunately, I had a little help with my money being removed from my account and just recently found out my credit has been trashed. With that being said, the only GM products I can find in that price range have twice as many miles on them. I do not mind 100k, I am a little leery of 200k... I am looking to keep the price between $10k and $15k.

I bought my 01 Cummins with 234K and haven't looked back.

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Hedwig and Precious.
Portland, OR.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins 5 speed, 3.55 gears, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,Bilstien 5100's, 273,000 miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

C Schomer

Buckeye, Az.

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 2 friends with 2000 7.3 6 spds and they are about as good as any of them get. The 7.3s have problems with glowplugs/controls. A camping friend couldn't start his 7.3 on a 50* morning when his controller and most of the plugs were bad - they are crucial. I think that's the weakest point on them. The 98.5 - 2002 ctds don't have a great rep for their fuel system either. I had a 97 ctd and now an 03 and they are awesome. They all have good and not so good models. Craig

03Dodge QC HO 5.9 Dually NV5600, 4.1 Rear WD, PS 62/65/14 turbo, TST/PMCR, 4" exh, PRXB Pacbrake, Rancho 9000s, FS Airbags, Onboard air/in-cab controls, Custom hauler bed. 2008 Sunnybrook 30RKFS-LTD Our 3rd SB 5er. WHOEVER INVENTED WORK DIDN'T HAVE AN RV!

srt20

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 11:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Indiansprings wrote:

Here is a good piece of advice for you.

This is a RV forum. It is a GREAT forum about RV's. But alot of the guys on here think they are pickup truck engineers or mechanics. Of course, very few actually are. And the few that actually are dont post very often. (probably because of all the know-it-alls in here)

If you want to learn about pickup trucks, this isnt the website. If you want to learn about RV's, this is a great website.

Of course, feel free to read some of these threads still, like I do. Its a great source of free comedy!

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Turtle n Peeps

You have been challenged to start a new thread and state your maximum case, chicken little.

Have a problem?

Are you wetting your pants?

Come on... lets go for it.

Start a new thread and state your case on the Ford 6.0.

Come on..... or run and hide!

Need help singing soprano?

Indiansprings

ARIZONA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/12 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HaHa, First time I saw this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV6H9uBprFk

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MiPLHn0PRA&feature=related

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  |