|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Electric Leveling system

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
okiejoe

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/12 11:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone have the electric leveling system by Lippert, its called Ground contriol leveling system. Its all electric with no Hydralics and each jack is supposed to lift 5000lbs.

byronlj

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/12 11:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, do a search. There are a number of posts about the Ground Control system.
Dave

byronlj
07.5 Silverado LTZ Ex. Cab 3500HD dually 4X4 duramax LMM/allison 6spd
07 HR Presidential Suite 37RLQ

tsetsaf

Full-Timer

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/12 10:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually everything I have read has been in regard to the hydro system. People love them! The electric system is new and currently only comes as a 6 jack setup when installed OEM. Aftermarket they only offer a 4 jack setup.

2006 Dodge 3500 5.9L CTD 6spd Manual SB SRW - Pullrite SG - Ride Rite Airbags - Rickson 19.5 Steelies 150K and going strong
2014 Premier Elite 44' Fifth Wheel... calm down it is within the weight limits of my truck.

Housted

Los Angeles, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

okiejoe wrote:

Anyone have the electric leveling system by Lippert, its called Ground contriol leveling system. Its all electric with no Hydralics and each jack is supposed to lift 5000lbs.

I installed the system on my AF 29-5T last December. We have used it quite a bit and just love it. I made a slight addition to the the control system. I added a high power relay to kill the rear jacks, so when hooking and unhooking the "all up" and "all down" only move the landing gear.
I am able to see the hitch in my rearview mirror so the remote sits on the console and allows me to move the pin up or down as necessary to connect.
The system is capable of lifting the whole rig off the ground!! I know because I have done it!!
Leveling is simple and positive. We have not needed the rear stabilizers since we started using the Ground Control System.

Housted

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD Tow Rig B&W Turnover with Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch, Ground Control 4 Point Leveling System
2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T 5th
Too many mods to Truck and trailer to list.
Pictures

huntram

Fulltiming in the RV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ground Control is made by Rieco Titan not Lippert. I would not hesitate purchasing the Ground Control if I didn't already have the Bigfoot on my Cameo. My good friend Bill Gehr who does articles in Trailer Life and RV Journal tested long term the Ground Control and was very happy with it. He traded his HH for a Carriage and now has the Bigfoot also or he would still have the Ground Control. He wrote a very positive article and meant every word!
Hope this helps,
Brian

Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Dodge Ram 3500 CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

ChopperBill

Colo

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/12 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it doesn't work any faster than electric landing gear I probably could go through a 6 pack before it got done leveling. Not necessarily a bad thing after I got to thinking about it.

"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

okiejoe

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 03:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well thanks for the info, I may just add them to my 5er this winter, sounds like a good winter project.

Housted

Los Angeles, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ChopperBill wrote:

If it doesn't work any faster than electric landing gear I probably could go through a 6 pack before it got done leveling. Not necessarily a bad thing after I got to thinking about it.

They are quite a bit faster than the electric landing gear. The most I ever got through was one beer!!!

Housted

57 Panhead

Foothills of the Sierra Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/12 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Ground Control system is MADE by Reico Titan but now it is marketed by Lippert. I just added it to our Jayco and the jacks operate many times faster than the stock landing gear, not as fast as hydraulic but still sufficiently fast. I like the idea of isolating the rear jack so that the all up or all down only works the landing legs, could you post a diagram for how you did that? I'm not good at figuring such things out.

This system can be had on line for as little as $2200 plus freight.

Steve

Retired Teamster
2012 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5RLTS
07 F250 PowerStroke
U Y B

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Electric Leveling system
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts