|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> F150 Problem in Loudonville OH

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
MALE*RN*777

Western MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 03:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Towed up hill upon hill from Western MD to Loudonville OH (5 hours)without any issue. I took it easy going up the mountains and my phrase of the trip to the wife was "Look another mountain". We met with our friends at Mohican State Park (they live 1 1/2 hours away. I let the truck sit for a couple of days until we were to go to Amish Country. When I went to start the engine the check engine light came on and the RPMs kept going up and down and it shut off twice. Now for any of you who know this area there is no cell phone coverage for 99% of the people in a 15-20 mile radius. I told my friend we had to get someone where we could get it looked at fast because I didn't want to be stranded with the family. After talking to some locals we found a Ford Dealership in Loudonville (very small operation with only 8 or so employees) I thought dealership = big bucks but thought they'd be the best place to put on a computer and fix it right. The only problem was they had a sign that if you are from out of town you had to pay in cash. Again, thinking the worst I thought no way on a Friday I could get a money transfer from one of my banks to another. They explained all the problems they have had with people cancelling cards or checks when they have worked on their cars but not to worry. Also my friend from OH could have lent me the money until we got home. Anyway the computer found that a tube that mixes things (I'm not a vehicle person) but with the PVC had a hole and was closing off air to help mix whatever. Anyway the computer check, parts, labor and finding of a recall (free fix) came to only $98. When do you walk out of dealership with only paying that for a repair. But best of all their compassion and great hospitality made it a great experience. So if you are ever in Loudonville OH and break down don't think twice about calling the Ford Dealership for help. God Bless them. And I don't want to hear any Ford jokes either. HA HA!!

03 Ford F150 XLT
Good-bye old friend --- 01 Coleman Sante Fe Pop-up
Hello new friend --- 09 KZ Coyote 23CR Hybrid
Me ,The Wife,The Boy,Girl 1 ,Girl 2
We are Blessed.

keatonb16

New Brunswick Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sounds like a bunch of idiots not accepting visa or mastercard.

2007 flagstaff 208
2010 Rav4 V6

MALE*RN*777

Western MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No it wasn't their fault. It was the idea that they were stiffed from others who charged or wrote them checks then had the charge or check cancelled. Keatonb16 don't forget about those who charge or write checks for money they don't have and then those of us who pay more or higher interest because of those people. I don't blame them at all for an all cash policy.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know this town, very nice place its in the middle of no where. I agree with there policy. and kudo,s to you for understanding there rule.

powderman426

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/12 04:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think you need a new cell phone carrier. My Verizon always works in that area as we go to Mohican Reservations and Mohican adventures.

Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
28' Prowler & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

keatonb16

New Brunswick Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you cant cancel a visa transaction once it goes thru.

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 05:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always nice to hear good stories.

God bless!

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 05:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

keatonb16 wrote:

Sure you can.

You can dispute the transaction, and mess up the merchant big time.

Come on, please don't be an a*** to this very nice small town.

I never much liked the huge fees that merchants are stiffed for by the charge cards.

And it is their private business, they can do whatever they want within the law --- including refusing your business.

keatonb16

New Brunswick Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NewsW wrote:

keatonb16 wrote:

Sure you can.

You can dispute the transaction, and mess up the merchant big time.

Come on, please don't be an a*** to this very nice small town.

I never much liked the huge fees that merchants are stiffed for by the charge cards.

And it is their private business, they can do whatever they want within the law --- including refusing your business.

exactly and if they don't trust me to use my credit card to pay for services...I will go elsewhere and you know where I think they can go...why doesn't Walmart,gas companies,grocery stores,auto parts stores etc etc etc across North America allow credit cards if you think it is so easy to just dispute it?....you cant just dispute it,report it stolen maybe but just can't say you are not going to pay it.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/12 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

keatonb16 wrote:

sounds like a bunch of idiots not accepting visa or mastercard.

Let's see. these people didn't make him wait acouple days, the fixed the truck for what really is a good price, Were very nice to him. And you complain about them not taking credit cards. Way to go.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> F150 Problem in Loudonville OH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts