RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Pet Stop: New additions to the family

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

 > New additions to the family

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
otis-agnes

Wrentham, MA

Senior Member

Joined: 02/09/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/16/12 06:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We adopted 2 guinea pigs. The girl who owned them didn't have time to take care of them. The tan one is Aunt Edna (she's feisty), and the grey one is Gabbie. I love it when they make their happy noises! Agnes




Otis, Agnes and our 2 Goldens, Abby & Penny
2007 Sunnybrook 270 BH w/Honda EU2000
2015 Ford F250 Super Duty

AZPops

Wherever the Job takes us...

Senior Member

Joined: 07/13/2006

View Profile



Posted: 08/16/12 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Man congrats for giving a home to these two cuties!

Anonymous


PS No, correction, it's NOT Anonymous, but Anonymous Jr. Who btw, is trying to embarrass Pops, I mean Anonymous, by using the word "Cutie" .... Sheez! ...

However, I gotta agree that these two are pretty darn Cute! ...

Sue Bee

NW suburbs of Chicago

Senior Member

Joined: 06/05/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/16/12 07:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Decades ago, I got a GP under similar circumstances. He was so friendly and happy, and he LOVED tomatoes more than any thing in the world. When I would give him one, he would squeal with delight, then dispatch it quickly.

Pucka1378

Gilroy, CA

Full Member

Joined: 06/03/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/16/12 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guinea Pigs are great pets! Congrats on the new members of the family!

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/21/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/16/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are adorable! Just be very very sure about sex. Very, VERY sure about sex. Many people have started with two little piggies and ended up with a house very full of them. They reproduce at a rate that puts rabbits to shame.

Much as with rabbits they are not as easy to sex as some people think they are, and mistakes are made... often.

Very, Very, VERY sure. Okay?


susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.


AZPops

Wherever the Job takes us...

Senior Member

Joined: 07/13/2006

View Profile



Posted: 08/16/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Code2High wrote:

They are adorable! Just be very very sure about sex. Very, VERY sure about sex. Many people have started with two little piggies and ended up with a house very full of them. They reproduce at a rate that puts rabbits to shame.

Much as with rabbits they are not as easy to sex as some people think they are, and mistakes are made... often.

Very, Very, VERY sure. Okay?


How "sure" are you Susan? ...

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/21/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/16/12 08:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AZPops wrote:

Code2High wrote:

They are adorable! Just be very very sure about sex. Very, VERY sure about sex. Many people have started with two little piggies and ended up with a house very full of them. They reproduce at a rate that puts rabbits to shame.

Much as with rabbits they are not as easy to sex as some people think they are, and mistakes are made... often.

Very, Very, VERY sure. Okay?


How "sure" are you Susan? ...


I am so sure, Lance. I have SO seen what happens when reproduction gets out of hand!

AZPops

Wherever the Job takes us...

Senior Member

Joined: 07/13/2006

View Profile



Posted: 08/17/12 02:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Code2High wrote:

AZPops wrote:

Code2High wrote:

They are adorable! Just be very very sure about sex. Very, VERY sure about sex. Many people have started with two little piggies and ended up with a house very full of them. They reproduce at a rate that puts rabbits to shame.

Much as with rabbits they are not as easy to sex as some people think they are, and mistakes are made... often.

Very, Very, VERY sure. Okay?


How "sure" are you Susan? ...


I am so sure, Lance. I have SO seen what happens when reproduction gets out of hand!


So why not get them, you know?

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/07/2003

View Profile



Posted: 08/19/12 07:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heck, you don't even need to have two of them! When I was a kid, I begged for ONE guinea pig. Woke up three weeks later to THREE guinea pigs! Three for the price of one, how lucky! Ah, not so much, as it turned out. GP's don't have the social restrictions humans commonly impose on themselves, and don't mind reproducing with the aid of a littermate. We quickly ran out of friends and neighbors who wanted a new pet and ended up giving them back to the pet store.

The babies are so amazing because they are born with eyes open and all systems at GO! A newborn runs across the cage, picks up food and starts eating like he's been doing it forever. Unfortunately, he also starts thinking about S-e-x very shortly after that.

If Edna and Gabbie have been together awhile with no results, though, probably safe to say the are both girls.

* This post was edited 08/19/12 07:54pm by CA POPPY *


Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background


otis-agnes

Wrentham, MA

Senior Member

Joined: 02/09/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/21/12 05:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Besides helping out a neighbor who didn't have time for 2 cute piggies, what else did I get... lice (not me, the pigs)!!! I thought it was mites so took 'em to the vets. For $80 I was told to bath 'em in Flea & Tick shampoo. Well, at least they're happy and clean now (bathing them was quite an experience)! And yes, the vet checked, they're girls! Agnes

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

 > New additions to the family
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS