|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Keyston Fuzion garbage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Next
Sponsored By:
smashedheadcat

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 11:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning all,

I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just start. I purchased my 2008 Fuzion 382 new in April of 2009. It's been a somewhat reliable camper over the years with a few exceptions. China bombs being the first. After a few blow-outs (causing over $1000 in damages each time) I replaced all the tires with Michelin XPS ribs. Next, I was able to pull a D-ring out of the floor just as the warranty expired (naturally). All of that is childs play when compared to what just happened.

Long story short, driving down I-5 by palmdale, one of my cabinets above the kitchen fell off the wall. It damaged the TV under it, broke the bar top, damaged the counter top, interior slide trim, and ripped a few wires out of the wall.

I called keystone and they set me up to take it to a dealer so they could take pictures and send in a "pre-authorization request". A week later (appointment) I bring in the camper and they take the pictures and send me home. Today, I called Keystone's customer service and basically get a "your warranty request was denied". The representative said she'd talk with her supervisors to see if they could possibly help out "a little bit" so I don't have to pay for this 100% on my own.

I am sorry, but any answer other than "Holy ****! We are so sorry we will fix this immediately for free!" is unacceptable in my book.

Thoughts or ideas on what I should do?

joeprinter

Fayetteville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/12 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like real poor workmanship, no reason a cabinet should seperate from the wall that way. Was the TV installed there by factory?

"2012 Forest River 360 DS"
"Ford V-10"
"2013 Toyota Corolla on Tow Dolly"

smashedheadcat

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 12:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The TV was installed by the factory. I don't know what to do about this. Keystone doesn't seem very interested in helping.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 12:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry about your problem........rigs rolling down the roads are subjected to extreme forces. Bouncing, twisting, torquing, banging.......kinda like going thru an earthquake every time it moves.

Is it your opinion that the cabinet install was defective OR a result of the 'road conditions'?

When did the warranty expire?
One day ago, one month ago, one year ago?

I understand it sucks when something happens......but some times it isn't anybodies fault it just happens.
Have you contacted your insurance company, filed a claim for damage?

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

nascarnutz

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 12:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two Keystone owners, from either side of the country, posting at the same time with completely different issues on different trailer types that were built in different years? Sounds like one of those "If you, or someone you know, has...you may be entitled to money damages" commercials waiting to happen. Just an observation...

This is a re-post from a prior thread, so if some of you read that one as well, no, you are not experiencing deja vu :-D

Bob & Lori (BNL)
2012 Tracer 230FBS (Cupcake)
2012 Ram 1500 ST Hemi 5.7 (Smoke)
Why didn't we do this sooner ?!?!?

smashedheadcat

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 01:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Sorry about your problem........rigs rolling down the roads are subjected to extreme forces. Bouncing, twisting, torquing, banging.......kinda like going thru an earthquake every time it moves.

Is it your opinion that the cabinet install was defective OR a result of the 'road conditions'?

When did the warranty expire?
One day ago, one month ago, one year ago?

I understand it sucks when something happens......but some times it isn't anybodies fault it just happens.
Have you contacted your insurance company, filed a claim for damage?

I understand that these things are subjected to forces while going down the road. However, normal use would include "going down the road" so one would imagine that their coach was designed to be used normally. So if it cannot handle it's being used normally for a few years then I personally would have to say it's a manufacturing defect.

My warranty Expired May 1st 2011.

This does suck, but honestly, how many campers do you know of that have cabinets that just fall off the wall while going down an interstate?

My next step is going to be an insurance claim. After this gets repaired, I will be offloading the RV.

smashedheadcat

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 01:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nascarnutz wrote:

Two Keystone owners, from either side of the country, posting at the same time with completely different issues on different trailer types that were built in different years? Sounds like one of those "If you, or someone you know, has...you may be entitled to money damages" commercials waiting to happen. Just an observation...

This is a re-post from a prior thread, so if some of you read that one as well, no, you are not experiencing deja vu :-D

I'm not looking for a lawsuit here. I just want them to fix my trailer.

WhitehouseLV

Big Sky State

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How unfortunate. I wouldn't call the forces "extreme" as was mentioned earlier.

I'd change the title of the thread to Keystone Support For a Fuzion or something like that. Only talk to a manager at Keystone & let them know about this thread. Be kind but persistent & a little assertive. How much is the repair estimate?

Keystone fixed my awning outside of warranty so they can fix your TH, but It is out of warranty so they are probably not obligated or liable to repair at 100%. Try some options. Maybe they cover 75%, maybe less. Its still better than nothing. Maybe they give you so much towards a trade in for a new one. The other options are you pay for it 100%, trade it in, or sell it as is or seek legal advice & spend lots of $$ trying to get them to cover the costs.

Traveling Whitehouse
2009 Keystone Raptor 380LEV
2008 Ford F350 LB CC DRW 4x4
2012 Polaris RZR Boardwalk Blue LE w/EPS
Motorcycles: 07 Honda CRF450X, 2013 Honda CRF80, 08 Honda CRF50
Quads: 07 Honda Rincon, 2010 Pink Polaris 50

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/12 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I should feel fortunate that my 7 year old low cost Keystone Hornet has been nearly flawless other than normal wear and tear. I will say that the manner in which RV trailers are subjected to road forces certainly makes it necessary to do adjustments and preventive maintenance on a routine basis but I have never heard of a cabinet falling off the wall. With the warranty more than a year out of force if Keystone does anything to help you I would actually call that fairly good customer service as they have absolutely no obligation to unless you can show it was a defective installation from the beginning and good luck with that. Insurance claim would be the best bet at this point IMO.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

JMT2

Anywhere I please :)

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

smashedheadcat wrote:

I am sorry, but any answer other than "Holy ****! We are so sorry we will fix this immediately for free!" is unacceptable in my book.

Thoughts or ideas on what I should do?

I think your expectations are to high. Your rv is out of warranty.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Keyston Fuzion garbage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS