RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping: Finger Lakes boondocking

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Finger Lakes boondocking

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
g1g

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/12 07:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any one know if or where they are. We want to stay west of seneca lake. Do any of the wineries permit using their parking lot? For all it matters we have a class B

BigBoy11

Chambersburg, PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/12 08:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if it will help, but you might want to check some of the NASCAR websites. We were just there this past weekend for the race at Watkins Glen and saw several regular campgrounds but there were also some RV's of various sizes that appeared to be boondocking. We stayed on Keuka Lake which is west of Seneca but at a B & B.You might even want to check with Watkins Glen International Raceway as there were lots of RV's parked on their lots for the race so they might permit camping at other times as well. Good luck and I am going to monitor your post as we would also be interested in finding something similar.

n7bsn

Yes

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't recall anything like what you are requesting in the Lake Seneca area. Way too built up. Other, then well, parking-lot "camping"

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

nypatnva

Amelia Ct Hse Va

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 06:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grew up in that area. The only place I know of is Finger Lakes National Forest between Seneca and Cayuga Lakes in Hector NY. We were in that area last week. Keuka Lake state Park is your best shot. There are a few private campgrounds in that area but I can't think of one I would stay at.
If for over nite parking try the Big Lots parking lot at 5&20 and 14A. I think the Walmart down the road is no ONP

2000 Chev 1500 Silverado
1965 22' Airstream Safari
Yamaha EF2800i generator
Prodigy
2012 Old Town Stillwater 14 canoe

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Finger Lakes boondocking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS