|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> sewer hose

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
rjackf

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/12 12:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I notice that some rver's don't hook up their sewer hose until ready to dump. at a site with a sewer connection why would you wait

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 12:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess if you are only going to be a night tank capacity is not a big deal.

Don,Lorri,Max (The Rescue Flat Coat Retriever?)
The Other Dallas

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 12:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have to wait till your tank builds up enough waste and water to dump..because other wise you may get a clog. When the tank is full or near full, it unloads with a "whoosh" and empties better. Same with leaving your waste valve open all the time...clogs!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For me, it's because I don't even use the camp water when provided.. I carry my 30 gallons of home water and since I have an empty 30 gallon black tank and an empty 30 gallon grey tank, I know I won't be filling up either over a long 4 day weekend..

Do we need to take a shower everyday while camping? No.. A good sponge bath at the end of the day to get rid of the sweat and sun screen does wonders and uses less than a gallon of water..

We use actual dishes and glasses and wash them in the sink and have never ran out of our water.

I grew up RV camping with my folks back in the day when there were not hookups all over the place and we did the tent thing before that, so water was always a premium and you used what you were willing to haul!

Anyway, I know times are different now and most 'campers' can't get by without taking a shower twice a day, so that's fine if you have the resources to do it and deal with it accordingly..

For me, I just prefer to bring back those old times of camping with limited resources and while I will always plug in the 120v power, I don't miss the unlimited water/sewer at all while I'm "camping"...

Just what works for me and makes me happy..

Enjoy your camping experience the way you want to and that's all that matters..

Enjoy!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it! Happy Camping!

GaryWT

MA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 12:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some might want to handle the sewer hose just once in the weekend I guess. We generally hook up the sewer and open the grey tank until the night before we leave. On traveling trips if we are somewhere for 1 night, we will not generally hook up and just wait until the next campground.

ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 01:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Really doesn't make any difference since you should always leave the sewer connection closed anyway except when it's near full and needs to be dumped.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless we need to dump upon arrival, we will wait as well. As mentioned above, we don't hook the water hose up on most occasions as we prefer to bring our own water and with such a capable towing combo, there is no distinguishable difference in power and mpg.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 03:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We FT....travel every week and dump before hitting the road.
When we pull into next place some times I hook up everything and some times I don't.
Some places we have been at the sewer connection was right in the middle of neighbors area. Hooking up the hose means they would have to dance around our hose.

Only need sewer hose hooked up when dumping.......so many times I wait until morning of travel day.

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

SabreCanuck

Winnipeg

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 06:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The other fear that hasn't been mentioend is theft.. I usually connect hose on day 2 or 3 depending on service. Basically hook it up when needed and leave it until we are ready to leave.

one less thing of many to setup when we get there.

wmoses

Houston, Texas, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/12 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I know I am going to dump something (and I always do as my CCC is low and my tanks are small) I hook it us when I arrive, since I am already "setting up". I don't like to setup more than once. When I am ready to dump it is all set.

Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> sewer hose
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS